HID conversion ? Anyone done it.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00053.jpg

Photo doesn't give it justice.

Had 100w globes before hand, took about 45 minutes to do. I could do it again in 20 minutes.

I got the ebay ones, a couple of other people had them and said they were happy. I am aswell.

The globes are 6000k.

I got the pencil and the spreader, the spreader really comes alive with the HID globes.

They have about 5 secs warm up time, they start off high beam brightness and then work up to daylight. That is a downside over the halogens, but there is alot more usuable light.

I wanted to use them everywhere tonight because there new but every quiet road I usually travel was busy tonight. Grrrrr.

The photo on the ebay link is what there like, dunno what camera there using but its good. Mine is taken with a HD Sony handycam. Cost me enough, exceeds everywhere else. Maybe its just me not knowing how to use it to its potential.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
HID'd even more.

Headlights converted today.

Not saying the kit I used, as I dont want my ute to become a shopping spot for some thieving SOB's.

Loving it.

Dave.

yeah i done my headlights a few weeks ago with ebay ones, 8000k (had them from my last 2 cars and they are still going strong), awesome.

cheers mark.

hid's rock!
i've fitted them to a few kenworths as replacements for their factory h3 high beams, absolutely fantastic!
truck drivers hate them though, when they dip from high beam they can't see anythicg cause low beam is so crap in comparison!
they are easy as to fit, just dont mess with the wiring between the ballast and the hid bulb, it's like 20,000 volts or something crazy!
they do take time to warm up, only a few seconds though, and even when first ignited they will surpass the lighting ability of any halogen bulb, regardless of brand.
the first set i fitted was in the middle of summer, roughly january 08.
job was completed around midday and truck was pointing out of workshop.
i stood about 200 mtrs away, remeber blazing sunlight, and looked at the front of the truck as high beam was turned on and i could see 2 amazimg blue dots every time i closed my eyes for at least the next 1/2 hour.
apparently they are only legal for off-road use, but really, who cares, they are worth it.
my d40 is getting a bi-xenon h4 conversion aswell as 4 mini rallye 4000 rooflights converted to hid as soon as i can afford it!
hey, i'm scared of the dark ok?!

we use four hid spots on the boat i use to work on it was like turning the sun on with these things well worth the outlay and very little power draw pity they to big to fit on the front of me truck

well i ordered a h.i.d kit for my navara headlights. a mate who is an electrician is going to give me a hand to kit them, ill get some before and after photo's for us.

did any of you guy's adjust your headlight's angle after installing them.
i got a 55watt kit and the installion guide said adjust your headlights down.
i can't wait to get them in, a mate's coming over sunday and there going in then.
i reckon it will be day with the new highbeams and the xgt's on the front.

damn it's hard to get to the back of the head light.
i crack the sh!ts with it so the auto electrician is fitting it tomorrow morning
ill post pics

well the light's were fitted and one of them was dodgy and keep getting stuck on high beam so i sent it back and it has been replaced so ill get them to refit the bulb next week.
i have before photo's can't wait to get after photo's cause he showed me in the shop what the problem was and one bulb was still in the light and there bright.

well i picked the car up and just wish the sun would go down so i can test these new light's.
ill get some photo's on tonight of the difference.

well there in and im very happy with them, there alot brighter and whiter.
these are the before photos
low
26082009016.jpg

high
26082009017.jpg

and after photos
low
09092009031.jpg

and high
09092009032.jpg

Love my HIDs.

Great investment, still waiting on the replacement globes though as I had to buy a spre set.

Dave.

nah seriosuly i reckon stuff having spotties, there wicked. actually just to long pencil beams.
id have to say i was amazed with them. so much better to drive with at night

Do you guys realize that you need to have proper reflectors in your headlights for HID? Correct me if I'm wrong but the OEM headlights were not designed for HID light. ie, the relectors cannnot focus the HID light properly and what you get is an uneven spread of light which goes everywhere. This is why it is illegal because on coming traffic is virtually "blinded" by your HID.
Furthermore, you cannot compensate by trying to focus the beam downwards. It will not work.
IMO, if you're going to put HID lights in your Navara, do it properly and get a complete headlight kit with proper HID projector reflectors - that's if they are even available. The beam is a lot nicer and you won't look ricey. Being a performance car modder for over 10 years, I can tell the difference between a car with proper HID projectors and one with HID globes in standard reflectors whenever they drive past me every single time.

If you must do it the "cheap" way, then I suggest buying HID globes that are 6000k and below. Any higher and the light looks too blue and you'll get done by the cops for sure.

Latest posts

Back