HID headlight Install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMik3

Reaction score
hi all I have an issue installing some HID's I bought im not sure where to plug the harness into the factory harness (2013 d40). Ive chased back the earth's from the drivers side headlight to a plug next to the battery which must be the headlight relay (cant chase the power cable as is in a separate harness that goes under my battery tray) My concern is there seems to be about 20 other wires which also go to that connection. I don't want to plug it and blow something up. I had a search but HID and Install came up with 50pages of resuts and after 2hours still couldn't find it. If anyone has some pictures or advice any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im going to guess globes and ballasts
My advice
Take that gear back and buy some good quality H4 globes like plus 90 or fatboys
HID globe conversions into standard type reflector headlights just dont work properly and also they are ILLEGAL !!!!

Just globes and ballasts. Tried upgraded halogens they still didnt seem all that great. Had hids in my hilux and SS and they were 100x better then halogens. I know HIDS not in projector lenses are a pet hate here but ive never had any issues with them.

Should be an easy install, plug into original wiring (unplug from headlight the hid kit should plug into this) ie plug to plug, then power from battery and last earth it

I know it should go into original harness but there appears to be other relays running off this connection. Just not sure if in 2013 d40 has dedicated headlight wiring harness as I cant find a wiring diagram

I have a solution to solve the glare from hid's , flat black paint,
The d40 headlights are fed from the IPDM and depending on the model may be solid state switched. Enjoy

did you have to take the head light out at all, ive got a kit ready to go in and there aint much room to play with?

I have a solution to solve the glare from hid's , flat black paint,

Flat black paint? so i have to paint my bonnet black because arrogant people want to use illegal HID lights in their utes/cars?

nothing shits more than some jacked up ute sporting a bright set of HID driving lights in on coming traffic, they alomost shit me as much as a piece of shit jacked to sky ute sitting up my ass with HID driving lights. The light is blinding and is a pain in the ass to deal with. made worse so when I'm on low beam and trying to adjust my eyes to deal with the lower output after being on high beam.

either front up and get some proper projector lens installed in your ute or don't use them.

by the way i run HID spotlights and a light bar as i drive about 400kms a week at night on the highway in rural Queensland. I'm not against the technology or its use. People just need to be a bit more considerate with their lighting mods. I have plus 90s in my driving lights and they work fine on low beam.

Nup their f'n headlights , a coat of flat black soon helps your eyes,
like the dick last night in a jeep strangler, he got the shits when I pulled over then followed him with my lights on hi , he told me it was rude, I told him to stick his fn illegal lights up his exhaust and buy a 4wd

I would love to see the Police or RTA begin to fine and defect cars fitted with HID's that are not compliant. I do over 1200km per week, most at night, on back roads and am sick and tired of being dazzled by cock heads who dont think of others.

Latest posts

Back