HID inserts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image007.jpg

Thats how the Bulb sits

Image009.jpg

Inside the Lense

Image010.jpg

Image014.jpg

Dave the metal sheild that is over the globe in the last pic did you have to remove that as I have them already inside the headlights

Nope, leave the metal cover on. It focus's the light. If removed the light is all over the place and is worse.

Thanks for those pic's Dave. It looks exactly like the kit that I got from Jaycar. Even the writing on the lamp holder and the green ring look the same. Mad D40 recons they all come from the same place. I guess he is right.

Does the "headlight harness plug" work without any mods? Where did you mount your ballasts?

Nope. Its plug and play.

Nope, leave the metal cover on. It focus's the light. If removed the light is all over the place and is worse.

Nope. Its plug and play.

Dave they look like the bulbs I have got so did you have any troubles getting the big black rubber over the end of the bulbes, I had a look at mine and it's going to a bit of a fight to get it on, might try wrecker and see if I can get a set and cut hole out bigger, I see ando has got his on.
hunter

Yeah mine are on.

Makes them alot more water tight.

In the D22, getting behind the right headlight is a bitch with the battery there. But its worth the effort.

the ones from jaycar the ballast comes apart from the main bulb, i then put the rubber on then placed the ballast back on... i think in the pics it shows the open and closed position

i had the jaycar ones in my d40 and didnt like them, ended up taking them out and leaving em on the shelf in the garage

G'day there ONLOCK

Why didn't you like them. I haven't installed them yet and can still return them. I am very interested to know what made you take them out.

Thanks, Goldy

I didnt think they improved the light much over stanard and the rubber cap didnt fit over the back of the globe and didnt seal so water and mud got into my headlight, generaly I recomend if you are going to go hid, try a 55w kit rather than the 35

Yeah mine are on.

Makes them alot more water tight.

In the D22, getting behind the right headlight is a bitch with the battery there. But its worth the effort.

Did you have cut the hole bigger or did they just slip over the end?
hunter

G'day Everyone.

Thanks for all your input on this thread. I have learnt HEAPS.

Being new to the forum I can now see the advantages, getting all your advice will save me lotts of time. It's great to talk with blokes that know how to do stuf and are willing to pass on their knowlage.

If I continue with this particular install I will have a better chance of a good result.

Goldy

Did you have cut the hole bigger or did they just slip over the end?
hunter

Nope, slips straight on.

I can get more pics if you need.

I have a spre globe and the rubber off my damaged headlight from my last run in with a kangaroo.

Nope, slips straight on.

I can get more pics if you need.

I have a spre globe and the rubber off my damaged headlight from my last run in with a kangaroo.

Mate I got it sorted just split the bulb(unlocked) fitted them up, they are a big improvement on the stock but not as good as I expected compared to the 80+ that I had in it, it may even come close to 100+ that you can get now for under half the price (eBay $76)
Thanks hunter

Dave i had dirty water in the lens that i got from being in a nice big boghole. I let it dry up but now the lens is still dirty on the inside. So i wanted to take the headlight out and try clean it up and reseal it if i can

Back