HID Upgrade for SPotties?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ebay kit, been very reliable for me.

Installed the kit over a year ago. Used every day.

Dave.

the ebays kits are well priced and worht it if u ask me...im doin mine soon ive got the IPF 900s which are genuine nissan round lights

My rally 4000's and high/low beam headlights are converted. Best money I ever spent (about 400 all up for 2 kits)
DSC_1035-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Sweet guys, thanks. A mate just took the plunge and bought a pair from fleabay for 169 so I'll see how they go and probably follow suit.

Look like the goods there Ben!

DJ

If there is one thing I can recommend DJ that is if you do your head lights, spend as much time on them as you can getting the height and light angle right. There's nothing worst than looking like a wanker on the road with new HID's blinding everyone on the road lol.

"wat u mean by digital???u mean electronic liek in the kits provided in link below"

Rusty Digital ballasts are another name for electronic ballasts. They are more economical to run than the old copper wound type. Also smaller and lighter in weight but shitloads more expensive and electronics are very sensitive. You should never replace or make and break lamp connections with power on the ballast. Its not something manufacturers tell you. The electronic ballasts trigger the lamps by use of high frequency on the output side of the ballast. If the lamp is removed and replugged while power is on it can cause the ballast to blow instantly. this is caused by backfeed to the ballast when connection is made on the incorrect frequency stroke.

I know its highly unlikely that this will happen with driving lights but it is food for thought if ever fiddling with them.

Hi Guys,

Finally took the plunge and bought a third Hella Rallye 4000 driving light, to match my other two. Now I'll have two spreads and a spot. :big_smile:

I also found a HID upgrade kit I am happy with so took the additional plunge and bought two kits to cover the three lights. My mate who bought the cheaper HID kits was happy with his, but his ballasts are really big whereas the kits I bought are Digital slimline ballasts. He also wants to add an extra Rallye light to his bar so as not to be out done I guess so he'll take the 4th HID light off me.

I'm really looking forward to having this setup done and blazing. My night driving should be much better with three Rallye's powered with HID for my next drive to Exmouth in a month's time. :devil:

I bought the 55w 4300k bulbs. After lining up his ute next to mine in an empty car park tonight, the HID's in his were a good 30% brighter than my 130w halogens and his whiter colour sure lit the road up much better than mine way further into the distance.

NOt too many items still on my wish list now! Just exhaust remains.

DJ

cool, thanks mate..
will have a look...
yeh post some pics but they seem to be the goods!

Hey guys i have spotties on my nav, i think they are from factory any chance you guys in the know, know what brand they are? i have blown one globe so i'm looking at the hid upgrade

Ill have to get in touch with Matt on Patrol4x4

He sells the conversion kits.

Any requests to ask him ?

If there is one thing I can recommend DJ that is if you do your head lights, spend as much time on them as you can getting the height and light angle right. There's nothing worst than looking like a wanker on the road with new HID's blinding everyone on the road lol.

Yeah Ben I know that feeling it took me 12 months to realise the wiring on the harness was in reverse my low beam was actually high beam on my hids :sarcastic:
Kids on the job ay!!

Also acknowledge the warm up time for the lights. on highway when your flicking them on and off a lot they might not be that great. Once warm they dont take as long to light up again but still need a few seconds.
But thats upto each user to decide I guess.

I found 5000k to be the best its white as daylight. They say the yellowness of the 4000k penetrates better but its mingy yellow where as the 5000k are white so it looks clear and I found really good help agains fatigue at night as you dont have to strain your eyes looking on the road. I previously had 8000k headlights and found anything over 6000k is not worth it as its so blue its almost purple its better than halogen globes but not worth the time or money spent.

wow what a novel.............

Iv got all my head lights and my 3 rallys done got the kits from mat (thumper) on the patrol form 55w 6k he's a mate of mine i all so changed my front parkers to leds aswell so the light at the front is all the some colour. allso changed my intearer lights to leds aswell.

Latest posts

Back