HID's Too Bright?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bloke say to me once if your not sure if something is legal or not just put "your honor" after it. Because in reality if an accident occurs and your vehicle is deemed to be unroadworthy then a court appearance is the last place you want to be. Good discussion and lots of good info.
Work with a bloke who owns a raised Patrol and has HID,s in every thing even the fog lights are incredibly bright but they may be LED,s or 100w,s. When ever he is behind me of a night time I slow so he can pass as they are just so bright. Had a dig at him and his argument is that european cars have HID.s and he hasn't been pulled up by the police yet so everything is ok. Cant wait to pass some of this info on......

Just tell him Aussie cars have HID as well its just they have headlights designed for HID not multi surface open face headlights designed for HID.
If he still plays ignorant then sit him in your car with his behind and you turn his lights on.See how he likes what everyone gets to see

Oh and just for sh1ts and giggles pleading ignorant in court wont get you anywhere lol.If you make a change its up to you to find out legalities

If your driving a car with the speedo in mph and your using the reading and doing 60mph instead of 60kmph .Court will just tell you your problem pay up.

unroadworthy means uninsured
i wont be fitting them
is anyone using 90/130 h4's ?
ive been told they will distort and melt std plastic/poly headlights
cheers

a bit of a late starter on this thread but my 2 cents worth. I have a set of cibie super oscars with HIDs fitted. Have to say they are great to drive with but at times too bright. I use them a lot driving to and from work and now know where the reflective road signs are that can blind you when you come up onto them. Also you unintentionally flash other drivers because you do not see them coming as the HID's just smother their lights.

Now if I can just get bull bar so I can mount them on the new vehicle ......

I personally think HIDs H4 kits are overkill and not worth the angst they cause for other vehicles.

Hi all.

Well i can tellyou that i drive trucks for a liveing. Driveing at night time with on comeing trafic with HID ights is bloody annoying. They dont like it when you flash them with 4 240 blitzs with 55W HID kits in them.

I used to find that the 240 Blitz were blinding me with road signs etc so I put Crystal blue lenses on and that problem was solved.
Can just imagine what 55watt HID Blitz's would be like. Damm they would be bright

i have just had predator hid fitted to mine 35w 6000k and im not impressed with the high beam at all ,any one else have this issue, im even thinking off takeing them back,

I posted some info months ago about why we think HID are brighter in an unfocused light fitting. In short unless the fitting is designed for HID it throws light everywhere and not where you want it. Thats why it appears to suck on High Beam .
Now if it was the correct fitting or headlight then the extra amount of light from HID would make a huge difference. You will see a huge change from Quartz to HID with your driving lights. Thats because the adaptor moved the globe so the focal point is correct for the reflector.When you put HID in your headlights the focal length is wrong so the light source is in the wrong place for the reflector.Get the HID source in the right place with the reflector and they will work a treat.
In short
Our headlights are not designed for HID so they wont work properly. Thats pretty much why they arent legal.

Last edited:
well tried adjusting them but no good ,so have now taken the out , and getting the xgts soon , mite look for some better halogen globes ,looking on the narva web site they now 120+ globes mite give them ago when they come into the shops

i was looking at them aswell , they look very nice

yeh they also look quite expensive. hid'd my headlights and they dont seem to bad, had to adjust them a little bit but mine seem to point straight down, as opposed to other cars ive seen where it throws light straight at oncoming traffic.

yeh they also look quite expensive. hid'd my headlights and they dont seem to bad, had to adjust them a little bit but mine seem to point straight down, as opposed to other cars ive seen where it throws light straight at oncoming traffic.

i didnt mind the low beam but the high beam was worse than low beam so i wasnt paying 250 for somthing that was worse than they originals, which kit are you using , i wonder if there is a difference in some h4 globes

Latest posts

Back