High dealer servicing charges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy

Reaction score
My D40 (Spanish build 09/2010) is still under warranty until 24Mar2014. I have been having the dealer service the vehicle every six months or thereabouts and costs for these servicings have been tolerable. However for the last servicing I was told it was due for a 2 year/40000km major service which would cost $940 - yes $940 !!! I have low kms now around 20500kms and told Nissan I found this charge for servicing outrageous.
I am now looking at my options to have the vehicle regularly serviced elsewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions as an option to having Nissan dealer servicing. My guess is that I will just have to look around my local area for a good diesel servicing workshop. I live on the southern Gold Coast. Anyone else been down this path or have some useful advice. Cheers.

40k service includes all diff/gbox oils,its a big service and to keep new car wty you have to get it done regardless of actual ks
shop around
i saved nearly $300 on my 40k service
you wont void wty if you go to a licensed mechanic
although nissan will tell you different

I too saved $300 on the quoted price from Nissan on the 40,000km service by simply getting my trusted diesel mechanic to complete the log book service. I was able to save that amount even though I purchased all geniune parts from Nissan (including engine oil) and the rest of the oils from SuperCrap by following the Lube Guide from the oil manufacturers.

$940 means the 40K has come down over $200 since I priced mine knowing full well Nissan would never see it.

I agree with the others go elsewhere, however I don't really care what others say there is no way I'd be doing a 40K service on a car that's only done 20K in 2 years. Warranty or not I'd be maintaining oil and filter changes 6 monthly or 10K and unless used in harsh conditions leaving the 40K until atleast 3 years if you don't hit the mark before hand.

Cars don't break just because they go past a service interval and keeping up 6 month servicing is more than adequate especially if you can see the majors done before the 3 year mark.

Many thanks for the good advice guys. I guess I found it hard to imagine how a relatively new Navvy would need over $900 of servicing so soon. Anyway I will shop around as I am sure I will be able to find a good diesel mechanic who, I hope, will be able to do the same job for a lot less than the dealer while keeping my warranty covered. Wow Krafty over $1100 for the 40k that would really have thrown me off my perch! I will, however, take your commonsense approach - thanks.

Cars don't break just because they go past a service interval and keeping up 6 month servicing is more than adequate especially if you can see the majors done before the 3 year mark.

thats right they dont
but nissan can and will VOID your wty if scheduled service intervalls are not maintained

Yeah and they can and will void a warranty on a car that has been religiously serviced even serviced by them if they want to, however I did suggest maintaining the properties of a 10K servicing every 6 months, just not doing a major service by the date.

No one can say with 100% certainty that any manufacturer wont uphold a warranty on a car that's had regular minors and no majors because it doesn't do 20K a year.

Good morning all, can anyone point me in the right direction for a service on my nav in the cairns area before heading up to cape, not familier with area so any help or recommend mechanics would be much appreciated, thanks

Check out the latest "FIXED PRICE" service costs... My 2012 ST Spain built is due for the 40k and looking at this chart wow I asked them for a price to leave out the Brake and clutch Fluid change and the Pollen filter and they said we will do it for the cheap price of $970!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

When I got to the 40K service I took it to K-Mart Tyre & Auto - cost $484.39

I had bought tyres there prior to that & they gave me a $50 voucher off a service, so I used it & the 40K service ended up costing me $434.39.

They were very, very thorough & itemised exactly what they did to the car. I questioned them about warranty & they said they were that confident that Nissan will not void the warranty because they did the service that K-Mart will pick up the warranty if it happens!

(2010 D22 -$883.42 at the dealership)

No way I'd risk not doing the scheduled service & losing my warranty.

There again, I've never found Nissan hard to deal with when I've had warranty issues, in fact, just the opposite.

I would have asked them for that in writing. No mechanic in their right mind would offer to take up a manufacturer warranty over one service. Of course they must warranty their own work just like Nissan must but there is no way Kmart Auto or any other mech would suggest that they would warranty any more than that.

Not that I am supporting any of them because they are all pricks and just out to take money from people but at the end of the day the risk is still the same. Kmart would argue they didn't cause the issue, Nissan would claim they did and the consumer gets caught in the middle.

Although on a positive note you are the first person I have ever known to praise Kmart auto, most forums have atleast one hate thread against Kmart auto due to poor workmanship, not doing the work paid for and/or lack of knowledge. Maybe you should advertise which one you found that knew something other than just how to take peoples money because it appears they are the only one of the entire franchise.

I had to laugh at the price of the 40k service,
my LN106 Hilux needed a few things done ,timing belt, seals clutch, and i could be F,,,ed so I just had the mechanic i know do the
timing belt,
water pump,
all the seals,
the fan belts (ac, power steer ect)
and change the clutch inc rear main and spigot bearing,
all were genuine Toyota parts except for the water pump
for $950 admittedly i did pick up a bargain on the toyota clutch.
But how can nissan charge that sort of coin to do oils and filter when the local work shops will pull down an entire front end of a car replace belts and seals and drop a gearbox fit a clutch, seals, bearing for less they will just do a everyday run of the mill service??????
ITS NOTHING BUT FARKEN THEFT!!

Nissan can easily charge that kind of price because people pay for it. Power companies, water companies, phone companies are no different, people pay for the service and that service has a price attached to it. The fact that you've worked out you can get a service for a cheaper price does not bother them, just like it wouldn't bother your power company too much if you found a cheaper source of power.

I was going to pick on your usage of the term theft too but honestly I didn't think you needed the flaws of your statement pointed out. :ha:

I was going to pick on your usage of the term theft too but honestly I didn't think you needed the flaws of your statement pointed out. :ha:

Please pick away, i can always use some schoolin since iz lefted when iz in the 1st grad

Think of it this way. You charge a fee for a service you provide, you know it's a shit service, you know it could be done better and you know someone decent would charge less and do more but you still charge what you do and don't tell the customer you are stealing from them.

You are the Nissan of the animal pron industry.

Latest posts

Back