high flow or upgrade turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRICE TAGGGG!! :)

also would it be cheaper if i exchanged my turbo- genuine factory recall hitachi turbo

You sir have my attention! ha
let me know when there ready to ship out!

o i forgot to ask, what boost were you running, are these turbos capable of running 18psi or more comfortably

Mike Vines - hell yes, had my D22 there just a few months ago, wow hitting 864nm at the rear wheels, the guy is awesome, I have a dyno sheet under my garage,
the turbo kicks in at min 1500rpm full boost all the way through the range, but I have also fitted a Chip, 3inch Taipan exhaust also taipan water to air intercooler

Joshman.....if your interested you can check out my truck and see the work that Mike Vine did on it before your truck goes under the knife??

Joshman.....if your interested you can check out my truck and see the work that Mike Vine did on it before your truck goes under the knife??

Yeah man. I saw what you posted in my mike vine thread and found the thread you made with dyno sheets. Seeing those and after actually talking to mike vine on the phone, made me take the plunge with it. I should be seeing some good figures soon.

Let me know when the yd25 d22 turbos are ready. Those figures are pretty good.

Rusty

ill keep the forum updated

You sir have my attention! ha
let me know when there ready to ship out!

o i forgot to ask, what boost were you running, are these turbos capable of running 18psi or more comfortably

16psi ....im not sure about more boost....if the stock turbo can do it then these would easily....its scary thinking that much boost through the tiny things

Does that include postage? Where would these be coming from?

located near byron bay most his stuff is free postage

Mike Vines - hell yes, had my D22 there just a few months ago, wow hitting 864nm at the rear wheels, the guy is awesome, I have a dyno sheet under my garage,
the turbo kicks in at min 1500rpm full boost all the way through the range, but I have also fitted a Chip, 3inch Taipan exhaust also taipan water to air intercooler

id love to see mine with 800nm one day...would haul ass

Do you have any pricing at this stage?

looking around 700 for the bolt on....worst case i'd say

as i said to lawry....its not bolt on make tons of power job....the main thing we noticed was more torque....im guessing from the compressor working less hard to make the boost ....and less lag...due to rear wheel mods....for me that was the big winner 16psi at 3250rpm is now back to 2750rpm...thats in 2nd gear.....5th when overtaking 100kmph is 10psi then instant 16psi when u put your foot down....before it would take forever...MODS : mine has intake pipe (delete pre filter) egr block swirl mod and no cat (otherwise stock exhaust)

the reason behind doing it was horribly shit stock turbos.....when manufacturing a replacement why not high flow it?

So are these turbos modified inlet and exhaust wheels or just exhaust?

o and did these turbo have a nice whistle to them, i no its just a wank factor but from experience turbos sound different.

Last edited:
i have video of it on the dyno....its bigger compressor slightly smaller turbine as far as i am aware

mine was ridiculously loud before the turbo upgrade ( because of pre filter by pass) ....i'd say its even louder now....to the point where people are constantly commenting on how loud it is.....just suction noise thats all

Thanks for that mate it's about 137hp at the wheels what is unusual is the torque is measured in lb's or pounds not nms i think with all your mods to begin with you will do very well that dyno report would of been done on a bog stock standard.

i forgot to mention that it has adjustable gate which is awesome....Jamie will be selling these seperately

attachment.php

Attachments

• d22turbosml.jpg
    d22turbosml.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 813
Back