High Lift Jack and Shovel mounted to sports bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Hey gents,

Was looking at mounting a bracket similar to this (follow link) to my sports bar, i have mounted lights to the top already and honestly dont want the vehicle any taller then it already is, i already have issues with carparks. so i was thinking of trying to mount the brackets to the rear of the sports bar (across the bar).
My question is, has anyone done this and if so how did you find it??
Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12102444...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_804wt_1177

I have seen them up there before and I believe I have seen a proper bracket to do it somewhere
Keep looking around :)
I work with aluminum and in my opinion if your fixing to the bars eventually the fixings will wear loose. B eat to find a clamp system like you have

My 2 cents

I also have seen this done you would need to lock it also most guys are moving away from high lift jacks as they are bloody dangerous if used improperly.

I actually thought they were illegal to be mounted on the front there. As they become a Missile is involved in an accident. I believe the same goes for fishing rod holders they must be protruding backwards. I would do some more research before fitting

Cheers

I think he was referring more to the actual mount rather than where it was mounted. The op did say he wanted to mount it to his sports bar...

I think that could work well, cheers for that.
yeah i was talking about behind the bar (tub side) of the rear mounted sports bar.
You couldnt mount it to the nudge bar or bull bar as it would be illegle as it protrudes from the vehicle, i know this coz the misses copped a bit of shit from the local coppers about my rod holder, no fine but a warning to get rid of it so now im going to have to mod that out so it sits inside the bull bar.
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
The only thing you might want to consider is changing the pissy little 8mm bolts that hold that bar on the actual tub.
Maybe drill them out a few sizes bigger and use some HT bolts, the jacks are reasonably heavy and with constantly getting bounced around, especially when off road the entire bar could end up being a bit of a projectile when the ute gets propped up while trying to get over an obstacle.

That might be a good idea, might go with 8mm HT`s for now and see how it fairs after a few k`s but to make them bigger ill have to drill and weld some new nuts in there. Could be tricky.
Plus ill have to find a way to lock the jack down so that those thieving little bastards stay away.

Back