Hit a big hole... help needed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_86

Reaction score
Went for a wheel on the weekend, long story short, going through a small puddle there was a massive hole on the left, hit it with some speed. Front left hit it and mad an enormously loud crack sound. the bloke in the car 50m in front even heard it. got out and had a look, and nothing was bent or broken. but the steering wheel is now off centre and car pulls badly to the left.

So took it for a wheel alignment today to see if they could fix it. the big flash 3d laser computer thing showed how far out it all was, so they put it all back to specs but car is still majorly pulling to the left. tire shop reckons its the steering box, but not sure how that would make it pull left. He reckons he spent over 2 hours trying to get it right, but just didnt happen. He also said caster was out a few degrees from each side, but there is no adjustment....

Any tips on what would be bent, broken or damaged that I can fix the issue with???

Is it sitting low at all??
Possible torsion bar splines stripped

Have a close look to see if there is any difference between the lower control arms. May have pushed one back a bit further then the other! Mines pulling to the left also, even after wheel alignment. Will try and get it sorted after i change the UCA and ider arm which is worn.

take it to someone else
he has obviously missed something
pedders $14 safety check ?

Bit hard to take it elsewhere, he is the only bloke in town that has all the proper gear. Might go coastal this weekend and see if I can get it looked at. Any recommendations gold coast-tweed area? I'll get under it tomorrow and see if I can spot anything mentioned above.

Latest posts

Back