Holy crap!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
This car is cursed I'm sure.

Just got back from a weekend camping trip, on the drive there it was solid, lost power uphills and had to drop down to 90km/h or so, but that's not a big deal. Didn't think the zd30 was that gutless? But anyway.

On the return trip, it starts missing. Gradually getting worse as we went along, I pulled over and checked things out, plenty of water/oil and not overheating. I'd had similar misses before in older cars and it all felt familiar. So I limped it home.

Engine light came on with about 25km to go.

But the best part of all, I pulled up in my driveway to open the front gate, handbrake on, thought I was in neautral but apparently not, I jumped out and before I knew it, it had rolled through the front gate.

Next step was the garage door, rolled through that. The only two obstacles remaining were my weight bench and the tub that I just bought a few days ago. Straight through them sandwiching them against the back of the house, sat there skidding the wheels until I could get up alongside it and pull the key.

F*CK!!! Why the hell it didn't stall at any of those obstacles or instantly is beyond me. But lesson learnt, never ever get out of a car until making 100% sure it's not going to move when feet and hands are off.

Ouch that's gotta hurt.

Similar thing happened to an arsehole I once knew except his was in reverse and in the garage. As he jumped out the ute pinned him between the open door and the brick pillar of the garage. The only thing that stopped him being badly injured or badly squished was that his wagon was behind the ute and the ute was stopped by the wagon. At the time we felt sorry for him even though it was his own silly fault but since then we've realised he was an arsehole and probably deserved it anyway.

You may not be an arsehole so you probably didn't deserve it :sarcastic:

Well I hope I didn't deserve it! haha

I'll laugh at it eventually, at the moment it's still a bit fresh, the Mrs was in the car the entire time, tried pulling it out of gear/handbrake etc but couldn't do anything. She's a bit shaken up.

In the end I think the most damage though will be to the wallet. Probably a cool grand just to fix the door.

Thats a weekend i bet you wished you stayed in bed, a bit of a cliché but atleast you or no one else got run over or hurt.

A few months back on a camping trip a lady who was camped next to us had her landrover drive forward while she was reaching in the window and pinned her against a tree, long story short she got airlifted with a broken pelvis, ribs, foot and bad internal bleeding and no bladder control.

Why dont you try and put the dammage through the car insurance??

A few months back on a camping trip a lady who was camped next to us had her landrover drive forward while she was reaching in the window and pinned her against a tree

That's how Malcolm Douglas died wasn't it? Something similar anyway.

Why dont you try and put the dammage through the car insurance??

Hadn't bothered with it yet, famous last words I guess. Would put it on house insurance but our excess is bumped right up. All is good, with any luck I'll be able to get a replacement garage door and I'll fix it up myself.

IMG_20130407_125302_zpsa482984a.jpg

Ouch, as the other guys said at least no one was hurt.

I wish I knew why you it didn't stall. The engine light was on and it had been missing and playing up a bit on the way home. But it still should have stalled.

No idea about the tub. I hope so, but it looks pretty beaten. I stood it up and tried to stand on it and flatten it out, but its going to need a lot more force than that

Latest posts

Back