Home made canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
Hey all has anyone made there own canopy for a tub back ? Just geting ideas so any tips or pics would be great ?

Are ya thinking a Hard canopy or a Canvas one just out of curiosity.

Have a look at the threads "Vinyl Canopy" & "Lockable Canvus Canopy and roof rack"

Last edited:
Hard top! I was first thinking canvas but i intend on a few week trip early next year and i was worryed about a simple blade becoming a key to any asshole out there!! So i have a few sheets of alli checkerplate layin round so start there i spose

Hey mate, check out BOXY's D40 build thread.
Hes got a solid rig and built a canvas canopy with a wicked frame for his, but he shows a fair bit about how he made it etc. Think its around page 3 onwards or so.
Hope this helps.
James.

If ypur gonna get the cover made by a canvas goods manufacturer or an upholsterer go chat to them before you start. i do it for a living and theres nothing worse than someone bringing you a well built frame that is missing the finishing touches that make it impossible to get a great looking canopy. you make the cover the best you can and its just average cause the frame doesnt sit flush or have good lines to work around.

Back