Hot water showers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve123

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone has installed a Glind or any other type of hot water shower to their D40 as there is bugger all room under the bonnet to put the system. Im looking at buying a Glind hot water shower but dont want to be caught out if there is no were to put it. If anyone has installed a shower system, any feed back/ pictures would be much appreciated.

Cheers Steve

I had one for 5 years mate in my old rig, the hard part was the exchanger I had to mount it upside down on the firewall. Then you have to route all the pipework to the pump ect. When I got the new d22 I decided not to install it even though there was room. The chap that bought it was fitting it in a d40 and I never heard back so I guess it fitted.

I have one of those instant cube gas heaters for bush camping now, the other thing that made me go this way is if any coolant lines leak from the heater it can be an issue in the bush.

Cheers

There are coolant lines right at the front of the motor at the top in the D40, for the EGR cooler. Great place to intercept hot water. Not enough room in the engine bay for much else without a bit of effort.

I have my heat exchanger mounted below the intercooler, there is a crossbar on the support panel that has 2 threaded studs. The mounting brackets fitted straight onto these. To plumb it up I went from the heater hose on the passenger side of the engine. I ran the hose down beside the headlight to the exchanger and back up to the engine. I shrouded the hoses with some old radiator hose that I had in the shed. I use airline fittings mounted through the bulbar, 1 for cold water in, 1 for hot water out. I use rubber chair leg stoppers as a cover to keep crap out. The pump is mounted next to the exchanger on the cold inlet side and I ran the wires up to behind the grill and the power switch is in the top middle part of the grill.

Latest posts

Back