How do i change ac hose?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
So I split this hose as my 80s series aircon mount was loose and I got lazy and the hose over time weakened and now split and aircon oil and dye exploded everywhere....
Anyway
Long story short
How do I change this hose.?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3758733080.jpg
    image-3758733080.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 39
Best off taking it to an auto electrician. They will change the hose, vac and regas the system and check it for leaks. If it is only the flexible part that has a hole, they may just replace that and crimp your solid hose back on...

you can get Pirtek to come to you and make up this new pressure hose. or a wrecking yard should have one .
Bods, are you sure auto electics do this work ?

Most auto electricians I've seen are aircon repairers too... unless that's just in perth haha. I guess I should have said aircon workshop instead lol

Yeah most auto electrician workshops on the east coast do air con work as well. Some are better than others at it though... Some guys only really know how to top up the gas and aren't great at proper fault finding and/or doing repairs on the above mentioned type of problems...

So I split this hose as my 80s series aircon mount was loose and I got lazy and the hose over time weakened and now split and aircon oil and dye exploded everywhere....
Anyway
Long story short
How do I change this hose.?
Thanks
As mentioned by the other guys will need a new hose made up/crimped on. Have it vacced out and charged with gas and leak tested.
Additional to that, if you've lost a significant amount of the refrigeration oil then you might have to get that topped up too. Don't want to wear out the compressor or seals prematurely.

Someone certified in working with refrigerant should do the work though as they'll have the know how and the equipment to do the repairs properly.

When looking for a place to get the repairs done, look for a sign or sticker that says they have an Arctick licence. This is the organisation that qualifies people to be able to work with refrigerant gases. Refrigeration mechanics and anyone who has anything to do with refrigerant gases needs to have a licence of some sort through these guys.

Of course if you have a fridgie mate then they could help you out too...

Thanks all

Nissan wanted $650 for a new hose
I told him he was dreaming
I got one for $85 from a wreckers

Now to get re gased I've been quoted $130

Latest posts

Back