How good are Ironman Bullbars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen a well known forum member put a good dint in one with only slight impact on dirt mound
you get what you pay for in this case

Not sticking up for iornman at all , but i can tell you the ARB brackets aren't much better , their all weak as piss now they have to be ADR compliant , the old solid mounts were way tougher

I am in the market for one for my new D40 Spanish is the ARB or TJM the best in steel?
The alloy is nice but for protection has to be the go.

I would take it back if it less than 18 months. Why bother fixing it? Clearly there is a manufacturing fault or defect within the steel. I reckon Ironman would be willing to replace it - they seem like the types who want to make their shit right by their customers. More so than ARB!!

Mines been on for over 50000 km now, roughly 60% bush tracks and rough dirt roads. I have the winch and use it and haven't had this problem. The bar itself does bend easy when hitting little kangaroos though. Would I get another? No think I'll put the genuine bar back on and fork out the extra coin for the winch adaptor plate from Nissan. JM2CW :)

I have a Ironman bar with a winch and thus far no issues.
However, I think while the fellow in the video has an issue. He could ask Ironman for a replacement...from what I have heard they are usually pretty good about these things.

Also folk forget these components are meant to bend in an impact...this process uses/absorbs the energy from the collision and inhibits the energy being transmitted to the chassis etc. I've seen cars with bars written off due to the chassis damage after what one might consider a minor altercation with a roo etc. Replacing a cheap bar is maybe a better option than replacing the vehicle.

Hey johnno,

Is this your bar? We're trying to get in contact with the owner to address the issue.

It's very unfortunate that they've had those issues with the bar. If possible we'd love to get in contact with them to have a look in more detail at the issue and help sort it out.

To date I don't believe they've contacted us and we'd love to help them out with addressing the problem, that is what a warranty is for!

Let us know how we can get in contact with them!

Cheers,

Matt - Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Ironman 4x4

Last edited:
It's fantastic to see Iornman being so proactive in trying to chase this fella down , ARB wouldn't give a rats arse about the situation unless the bloke hurled it onto their counter , and then they would book him in to have it fixed in 4 to 6 weeks lol

i have seen a well known forum member put a good dint in one with only slight impact on dirt mound
you get what you pay for in this case

Yeah I did bend the bottom of my ironman bullbar, but it was a little more then a slight impact Sparra. I did like my ironman bar, even though I have a ARB on my new Nav. The problem with ARB is they think there so good they don't need to listen to there customers. Ironman seem to be fair dinkum about warranty and customers complaints. When I bought my pash plates one of the fitting kits was missing for one plate, they sent me a new kit was here overnight

Hey matt I have one of your ironman bulbar and 12000 pound with dynema and the wireless switch on hand control isn't working its only 3 months old just wondering what I can get done bout it? Other than that its great setup!

Hey matt I have one of your ironman bulbar and 12000 pound with dynema and the wireless switch on hand control isn't working its only 3 months old just wondering what I can get done bout it? Other than that its great setup!

Hey BigTrev,

If you go back to your place of purchase, they should be able to help you process your warranty claim.

Before you do though, I had a similar issue not to long ago on mine and I checked two things.

1. Does the hand controller work when plugged in via the cable.
2. Does the hand controller torch work?

If it doesn't work via the cable then there might be something wrong with the solenoid box or the remote.

If the torch on the controller doesn't work then you might just be out of batteries (which you can replace).

I'd suggest taking this over to our main thread at: http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22599

Otherwise feel free to PM me and we'll sort it out.

Yeh mate both work it's just when you go to turn the wireless on with the switch that doesn't work. Also I'm after a price on some bash plates for my d40 navara 2012 model st Spain build would you rather pm you as I'm a after a few things and question's.

It's fantastic to see Iornman being so proactive in trying to chase this fella down , ARB wouldn't give a rats arse about the situation unless the bloke hurled it onto their counter , and then they would book him in to have it fixed in 4 to 6 weeks lol

Agreed, speaks loads about the product and services

mate i have dealt with a few ARB stores and use a few of their products and i personally have not got a bad word to say about them, BUT i also have not had any problems with their gear and there for have NEVER needed to test their warranty.

I did have them fit the wrong roof racks and didnt have the rear bar in time for delivery, BUT they were really good about it and sent the mobile installers to me at the place and time that suited me and sorted it out. they gave me a set of Rihno racks for free and also gave me free tow hitch and ball and pins so i could have the camper hitch on one and the standard 50mm ball on the other.
I really cant say a bad word about them.

Well your very very lucky

I dont think so, not after having dealt with two completely different stores for each ute and both were great.

I dont think they could have built such a great Aussie business by being pricks to everyone and ripping people off and producing crappy gear.
IMO they are a world wide name for a reason and companies like Ironman would love to have a business as big and have the rep that they do.
from starting out knocking up a few bullbars for a few mates to what it is today they must be doing something write.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back