How many km's on your D40 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007 d40 manual Stx Spain.
Approx 115,000 kms

- Some Fuel pump issue was fixed under warranty in 2008 @ approx 20,000 kms where it would go into limp mode. According to Nissan, Apparently a known problem with some sort of seal.
- Suspension upgraded with ARB LIFT due to personal requirements.
- Tailgate always had some closing issues, but I have figured out the fix for this. I was basically overloading it with 3 motorbikes in the rear and pulling to hard on the straps.
- First soft tonneau cover, the plastic seals started cracking. Replaced under warranty after approx 3 years. New one is still perfect.
Some national recalls that I remember.
- tow bar recalled and replaced
- wheels recalled and replaced

Been awesome tow and play rig. Enjoying it sooooo much.
No plans to trade unless Ford raptor comes to Aus :)

2008 D40, 221,000K, only issue has been replacement of SCV. Original timing chain, no noise as yet, might get it changed if I decide to keep it a bit longer.

Cheers John

Nice... timing chain been replaced?

About to hit 196,000km now.

No nothing has been done except regular servicing every 10,000km's and normal wear and tear like brake pads etc.
Even my old D40 I put 240,000km on in just over three years never had the timing chain touched but did a SCV and a wheel bearing.

The trick is treat'em mean, keep'em keen!!!! LOL (and regular services)

Last edited:
Series 6 RX - 2012.
300,000 km. Still on original clutch, and all original brake pads/linings, Steel 'hot pipe, EGR defeated at 60,000km.
Replaced rear shocks at 250,000, and Just replaced the Boost Control Solenoid, and washed out inlet pipes and Intercooler.
Still going well (fingers crossed.......)

2007 ST-X VQ40DE non turbo petrol, automatic, sitting on 350,000ks...still going strong, serviced every 10,000ks or 6 months, whatever comes first.

so Im thinking a D40 with 320 on the clock will be a bunch of trouble???

I wouldn't think so. Mine's now at around 385,000km and purrs.

Yes, there are "maintenance" things to do from time to time - wheel bearings, ball joints, brakes and my biggest gripe is that I can't travel 1300km without having to put more bloody fuel in the tank.

Back