how many Ks on your clutch?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey lads,

have 95,000 on my 09 YD25 and have no clutch slipping issues but notice that my clutch doesnt bite till the pedal is 3 inchs from all the way out now, so i assume my clutch will go some time this year,

how many Ks did you get till you replaced yours, and what did you replace with? good or bad decision? and what was the price?

should i just go with a stocky, or aftermarket?

i dont tow anything serious, only my 3.7 tinny on weekends.

cheers boys....

hey lads,

have 95,000 on my 09 YD25 and have no clutch slipping issues but notice that my clutch doesnt bite till the pedal is 3 inchs from all the way out now, so i assume my clutch will go some time this year,

how many Ks did you get till you replaced yours, and what did you replace with? good or bad decision? and what was the price?

should i just go with a stocky, or aftermarket?

i dont tow anything serious, only my 3.7 tinny on weekends.

cheers boys....

Mate always put a heavy duty clutch in its always worth the extra cash in my opinion.. I had a lot of v8 manuals and the grip over stock is worth it for me.. Especially for doing skids

120ks for me clutch seems fine tho just a shocking shudder some times. its had the shudder since 95ks tho

Cheers guys for the info, I have no shudder but pedal bite is way up the top now, 3inchs like I said, I drive in Sydney cbd to work so I'd assume that's why it's gone early, I def don't flog it anywhere, spose I better start looking at some aftermarket options. You guys got some good ks there as well...

Do yas Think a heavy duty would really be required if I'm not towing anything Cept the tinny? Pricees are not an issue for me....

The 06 D22 i owned from new still had the original clutch when it went swimming with over 370,000km, although it was starting to get a little noise about it.

My 04 started slipping at 160k when i put the chip in. Pedal travel had been on the limit for a while but was holding its own until chip. I dont think im a bad driver, but i fried the shit out of it a couple of times being a dickhead and i think once you've overheated them its downhill from there.

250000k, still like new, I dont touch accelerator pedal until Im off the clutch pretty much, use low range to get out of tricky driveways. Should last the life of the engine.

183,000km on mine and all good bar some minor shudder, incidently the take off height can be adjusted if you don't like it, I did mine when I first got it because it felt too high.

You can get rid of a bit of slack (if youv got too much slack) and lower the pedal via the adjuster nuts on the master cylinder (at the back of the peddle)

Yeah, at the top of the pedal lever there's a clevis and nut connecting to the master cylinder rod, if you loosen the nut and wind the rod into the clevis deeper it'll make the pedal feel lower, don't forget to adjust the pedal stop bolt after you're finished to remove backlash at the up position.
By the way, it's fairly sensitive so you don't have to move it that far ie: make a small adjustment and try it out, repeat until satisfied.

I'm sitting on just over 200k at the moment on original clutch with a slight shudder noticeable but nothing major, will consider doing a swap like others have mentioned in other posts to something abit heavier duty down the track if it deteriorates further. Don't do any towing accept the occasional small trailer/tinny.

240'000 k's and considering it , towing the camper I think will kill it as it has a shudder now... The thing is- drop the box or pull the motor ? Any thoughts anyone ?

170,000 on original clutch and no problems at all. First 140,000 of those was pulling a tradie's trailer, so I'm pretty happy.

Latest posts

Back