How many lights, watts, or amps before bigger alt is needed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The easiest way to work this out guy's is each 100 watt light will draw 8 amps!

I have just setup 6 lights on a 05 D22 nav which draws 8x8 amps which is 64 amps! including the 100watt headlight upgrade and my alternator is only 60 amps! leaves nothing to go back to battery so 90-120 amp alternator would be the way to go.

I try to run the headboard lights as little as possible as it will kill the regulator in the alternator, not to mention melting the windings lol, but too bloody dear for a decent output alt, how ridiculous to put a 60amp alt on an off road vehicle!

Wake up Nissan you idiot's!:pissedoff:

2greedy said:
The easiest way to work this out guy's is each 100 watt light will draw 8 amps!

I have just setup 6 lights on a 05 D22 nav which draws 8x8 amps which is 64 amps! including the 100watt headlight upgrade and my alternator is only 60 amps! leaves nothing to go back to battery so 90-120 amp alternator would be the way to go.

I try to run the headboard lights as little as possible as it will kill the regulator in the alternator, not to mention melting the windings lol, but too bloody dear for a decent output alt, how ridiculous to put a 60amp alt on an off road vehicle!

Mate I have an 05 d22, got a pic of where you mounted all these lights?
Cheers

m8 what i did was mount a 3"x 3 1/2" piece of aluminum angel, and mounted it between the two uprights on the headboard, then mounted my lights their, and m8 does it get some looks and comments they love it!

when the wife gets home from work in about 3 hrs time i will take some photo's and show ya, looks shit hot too if i may say so myself hehehe

Last edited:

Just run another 60 amp next to the original and run all your lights and accessories of that.

Gu patrol alternator will fit straight on. 120 amp

What sort of price is a fair price to pay at the wreckers...... assuming u can find one? I assume that the physical size is bigger as well with these 90/120amp Alts?

Would there be any other Alts off other makes of cars that could be used.... eg: Falcon EF Alts looks similar ??

What sort of price is a fair price to pay at the wreckers...... assuming u can find one? I assume that the physical size is bigger as well with these 90/120amp Alts?

Would there be any other Alts off other makes of cars that could be used.... eg: Falcon EF Alts looks similar ??

m8 from what i been reading most nissan alt's are the same, as on mounting holes, just some connect differently, so as long as you get one that has same connections you should be pretty good.

Mate I have an 05 d22, got a pic of where you mounted all these lights?
Cheers

here you go m8 to be upgraded with something like 8" HID

26032012036-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
have you spoken to a auto elec he quite possibly could rebuild yours with the guts of something else, alternitively give this mob a call got great trade prices on alts and other stuff (baxters at silverwater)

Latest posts

Back