how much boost???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have any experience on how to remove those two way bolts, that screw into the wastegate, dumps, exhaust etc? You can undo the nut, but then the bolt sits there, and plyers just won't do the trick.

Do you mean the studs?

To remove them, thread on two nuts, lock them together, then use a ring spanner on the inside nut, to unscrew it from the casting.

I can hear my turbo wistle quite loud. Seems to be normal for aftermarket fitting.
You should be able to get and exhaust shop to mix the two dump pipes to make one you need for fairly cheap.

With those manifold bolts to remove them you need two nuts that will fit the thread. Screw them both on then tighten them against eachother. Then use the bottom one to remove them. I can draw up a diagram once I'm home from work.

Do you mean the studs?

To remove them, thread on two nuts, lock them together, then use a ring spanner on the inside nut, to unscrew it from the casting.
That's just pure logical. I don't know how I was that stupid to not even realise. I feel like a dummy ;)

Except the bolt on the manifold snapped in a really bad place, I can barely fit one nut on it. I might properly attempt to fix it in future, though.

I can hear my turbo wistle quite loud. Seems to be normal for aftermarket fitting.
Yeah, it's a bit different to normal whistle. It doesn't bother me, it sounds awesome, as well. And I'm not hearing any back spool, because I was considering fitting a plumb back.

You should be able to get and exhaust shop to mix the two dump pipes to make one you need for fairly cheap.
That was the plan. I might just get them to do it on the car, save me time and hassles. But I need other exhaust work done as well, might get the whole thing worked over just a bit.

That's just pure logical. I don't know how I was that stupid to not even realise. I feel like a dummy ;)

I've done worse :big_smile:

Except the bolt on the manifold snapped in a really bad place, I can barely fit one nut on it. I might properly attempt to fix it in future, though.

A good quality "ezy-out" will help you here, but don't scrimp and buy a cheap one.

That was the plan. I might just get them to do it on the car, save me time and hassles. But I need other exhaust work done as well, might get the whole thing worked over just a bit.

If the dump pipes are cast, the exhaust shop won't weld them. You can buy laser cut steel flanges to suit common turbos from a place like http://www.bestmufflers.com/, and make your own, or just get the exhaust shop to make you up a dump pipe using pipe and flanges.

It's pretty tight at the dump pipe, very close to the firewall, so little effective work can be done with the dump pipe on the car.

A good quality "ezy-out" will help you here, but don't scrimp and buy a cheap one.
Any reccomendations? I've had people tell me they've snapped on them before.

If the dump pipes are cast, the exhaust shop won't weld them. You can buy laser cut steel flanges to suit common turbos from a place like http://www.bestmufflers.com/, and make your own, or just get the exhaust shop to make you up a dump pipe using pipe and flanges.

It's pretty tight at the dump pipe, very close to the firewall, so little effective work can be done with the dump pipe on the car.
You're right, they're the stock iron ones. They might still be able to use the flange, however, as a template? But I'll just go to them and see what they think.
Don't really have the tools to make my own, or the patience.

Any reccomendations? I've had people tell me they've snapped on them before.

A square one, with a brand name. Apply heat also. If you have a welder, you can weld a nut to it instead. Or if you can come across some left handed drill bits, just keep stepping up sizes. Plenty of WD40 on an overnight soak.

You're right, they're the stock iron ones. They might still be able to use the flange, however, as a template? But I'll just go to them and see what they think.

They could use the flange as a template, depends if the shop is set up with a plasma torch, die grinder and thick plate. Less work for everybody to buy the flange in though

As a small update, there is noticeably more power, it's not struggling as badly with hills, which I'm happy about. And economy is better. I used 17l in 200k. Very happy with that.

I changed mine down to 16psi. Remembering standard in mine was 15psi and I turned it up to 20. Now running tune 7 on my chip it module and it runs smoother and feels nicer to drive no fuel economy figures yet.

I have just turned mine up to 15 from 10. Feels smoother to drive but a bit slower. Have not changed the fuel which is still set for 9psi. See how the economy is now.

What PSI are you running Tatty. I read somewhere it was 12.
If I could do my build over I would get a TD27T manifold.
That way I could fit a Topmount Intercooler.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back