How much lift did you end up getting from suspension lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J13NST

Reaction score
Quick question here guys.
how much lift did you guys end up getting from suspension lift? if you tell me brand. and measurement from bottom of the rim to straight up on wheel arch.
Mine OME 760mm. it seems low for 30mm lift so I want to know what others acutally got. Do know few people on forum were saying 800mm etc but this thread will help me get right figures as I can't find them on forums anymore.
Cheers

How about centre of wheel to under guard.
That way different rim types & sizes won't matter
Cheers

Gday

I recently had my front OME springs replaced under warranty. I had installed the OME 2608's. I had installed the Steel deluxe winch bar and the UVP, after installing the winch the front sagged even more (can't remember the exact measurements).

The replacement springs have raised her slightly. The measurements from the bottom of my 17" rim to the bottom of the guard is 771mm. That is approx 20mm above standard height (after measuring numerous cars in the Nissan dealership). It's not fantastic but it's an improvement.

I was really worried about wheel alignment issues with raising the vehicle, really did not want to spend heaps of $ modifying her just for looks.

Btw the replacement springs they used had a slightly different part number, the sticker on the spring was labelled 608 x. Don't exactly know if there is any difference to the before and after springs, but these have not sagged, even after a few daily 4wd outings (fingers crossed).

Mik

Last edited:
Gday

I recently had my front OME springs replaced under warranty. I had installed the OME 2608's. I had installed the Steel deluxe winch bar and the UVP, after installing the winch the front sagged even more (can't remember the exact measurements).

The replacement springs have raised her slightly. The measurements from the bottom of my 17" rim to the bottom of the guard is 771mm. That is approx 20mm above standard height (after measuring numerous cars in the Nissan dealership). It's not fantastic but it's an improvement.

I was really worried about wheel alignment issues with raising the vehicle, really did not want to spend heaps of $ modifying her just for looks.

Btw the replacement springs they used had a slightly different part number, the sticker on the spring was labelled 608 x. Don't exactly know if there is any difference to the before and after springs, but these have not sagged, even after a few daily 4wd outings (fingers crossed).

Mik

Well my car is at arb now getting it sorted now.
They measured my car it was at 750 on left for t 755 right. Keep telling me it's OK. Paper says 20 - 30mm lift and prior to suspension it was at 730 disregarding fact that I told them that is height including bull bar winch and spotlight. After phone he made to Melbourne head office they said they gonna remove spring and check free height. Also told me X means +. Depends how you read but it's basically higher spring to compensate drivers weight. So you should technically have 2608 on left and 2608+ on right hand side. Well let you guys know outcome of this and height I get if they decide to give me new spring.

Most Navara's I do end up
depended on the weight of the accessories Front 560mm to 580mm- Rear approx 600mm to 625mm
Under guard to centre of wheel.
Cheers

so after 9hrs at ARB today from 8am to 5pm. left home at 7am got back at 6pm.
What do i get? absolutely nothing resolved
Constantly telling me front spring is fine, so one of salesmen there he was so confident that I was wrong. found out from RMS what stock car height is meant to be at. measurement from centre of wheel to wheel arch. said 516mm is stock standard. measured mine.. 525mm.. yep 9mm lift from OME thats after taking off and reinstalling which would of brooght back down again after few k's. After removing and re installing i did gain 10mm. So technically if they measured this morning comparing to what nissan/rms claims. I lost 1mm lift with ome.
They said they removed the front spring and did free height measurement comparing with brand new one. and it was 3mm difference between mine and brand spanking new. which still doesn't explain why 3mm would cause not gaining any lift. They said they will call OME first thing Monday morning, and go from there. one of option was getting my money back.

Then I will give Zordo a call. to be honest my plan was to get dobinson spring with bilstein shocks from Zordo, but ARB stuffed up my bullbar and compensated me $800 discount for suspension system which I made wrong choice my taking that offer.

Last edited:
He measures from the center of the wheel to the top of the guard the increase is in mm from stock also the drivers side is a tad higher due to the weight of the driver that most frequents the 4wd.

Well my car is at arb now getting it sorted now.
They measured my car it was at 750 on left for t 755 right. Keep telling me it's OK. Paper says 20 - 30mm lift and prior to suspension it was at 730 disregarding fact that I told them that is height including bull bar winch and spotlight. After phone he made to Melbourne head office they said they gonna remove spring and check free height. Also told me X means +. Depends how you read but it's basically higher spring to compensate drivers weight. So you should technically have 2608 on left and 2608+ on right hand side. Well let you guys know outcome of this and height I get if they decide to give me new spring.

Just checked both my stickers on the springs. The old ones only had 2608, these new ones are OME-608 X on the left and right, it also has this below O/N 439101, presuming it's an order number.

Hope you get somewhere with this

Mik

Just checked both my stickers on the springs. The old ones only had 2608, these new ones are OME-608 X on the left and right, it also has this below O/N 439101, presuming it's an order number.

Hope you get somewhere with this

Mik

hmm k thats interesting. have no idea which spring that is for?
2608 is for d40 2.5L with winch and bullbar also for D40 STX v6 with nothing installed. 2631 spring is for bullbar or winch/ bullbar and winch installed for V6. So ARB called head office in Melbourne today to ome department and got thumbs to fit V6 spring at the front. Will let you know the outcome. they said they will check droop after the installing make sure there are some sort of movement. since V6 spring is actually rated extra 100kg top of mine. no one really knows how much i will achieve as lift hence dont 'know if i will any droop afterwards. Personally I don't like it having something not engineered to installed on my car but OME is willing to bet my car for it so be it if spring cause any cracks due to stiff spring or shitty ride on the car i know where to take it back. I would have prefer getting money back to be honest so i don't have to fck around ever again.

hmm k thats interesting. have no idea which spring that is for?
2608 is for d40 2.5L with winch and bullbar also for D40 STX v6 with nothing installed. 2631 spring is for bullbar or winch/ bullbar and winch installed for V6. So ARB called head office in Melbourne today to ome department and got thumbs to fit V6 spring at the front. Will let you know the outcome. they said they will check droop after the installing make sure there are some sort of movement. since V6 spring is actually rated extra 100kg top of mine. no one really knows how much i will achieve as lift hence dont 'know if i will any droop afterwards. Personally I don't like it having something not engineered to installed on my car but OME is willing to bet my car for it so be it if spring cause any cracks due to stiff spring or shitty ride on the car i know where to take it back. I would have prefer getting money back to be honest so i don't have to fck around ever again.

The 2607's have the exact same spring rate as the 2608's, only difference is the 2608's are set approx 10mm longer to cater for sag with the weight of bullbar and winch. From memory the OME springs arent too much heavier than the factory springs, hence why I think there are so many people experiencing jack all lift with the OME's. Other reputable brands of springs have higher spring rates for setups with bar and winch.

I've looked high and low for details of my replacement springs (OME-608 X), but no luck. It just so happens I was in ARB the other day picking up some side rails and the sales rep mentioned the replacement springs supplied to my third party installer were for the V6 model, unbeknown to myself of course. I reckon if this is the case, the heavier springs for the V6 is about right for all the gear I have installed in the front of my car. She has not sagged at all since the install, even after numerous 4wd drive outings.

Latest posts

Back