How old when you learn't to drive?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
How old were you when you first learnt to drive?

I used to drive my dads van round and fill it from their diesel tank when I was about 10, was driving a Grey Fergie tractor to my mates place now & then a little bit after that (public roads) only when my parents weren't in.

Here's a photo of my daughter getting her first drive, at 16months, got a video too but don't think I can post it

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 70
About 10 too. Remember steering my brothers v dub buggy while he towed it from home up to the main farm 5 k's away and him yelling at me cause I couldn't keep it straight. First time I'd steered anything!

Young young. Started driving tractors with me dad then at about tyre age of 10 started driving a Suzuki sierra stockman farm ute around. Those 1000cc motors just keep on going regardless what you throw at them.

I was about 14 or 15 when my nana let me drive her old Mazda 808 home from the school bus stop about 1/2 a km from my house.

I was about 14 or 15 when my nana let me drive her old Mazda 808 home from the school bus stop about 1/2 a km from my house.

I restored a neighbours old 808 when I was 17, wasn't much of a car to begin with but after $2000 of repairs, rust removal and re-painting it still wasn't much of a car :big_smile:

I was a bit older than 10 when I first started to drive because we moved out of the city when I was 10. My first co drive was a D9 dozer as we cleared a flat spot for the concrete tank, after that it was the usual country stuff of tractors and farm hacks etc. I wasn't allowed to drive the semi around the bush until I was 16 though.

G, day folks,

I was 14 when I stated to drive. Every Friday and Saturday nights were the highlights of my life back in the 1970s. My uncle and my father would take me out spot light shooting foxes and rabbits.

I was the designated driver, driving my uncles XW Ford Falcon Wagon, whilst my uncle and father would be shooting, whilst standing on the rear tailgate.

It was a great time in my life.

Regards,

RLI
:saberfighting::deadhorse2::rofl2:

F--k it i am going for a clean sweap by commenting in all the threads!

Yee haa i have done it!

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

I only started driving when I was 16. Had no interest before that as I always thought I would be on a bike. But with the new P plate laws in Queensland I ended up in a '94 Nissan Pulsar, Moved on to a 1983 18R Hilux Single Cab and then to the Nav after I wrote off the Pulsar and sold the Hilux.
I think the closest I would have go to driving at an early age would be the ride on mower around the paddocks with a few bricks on the seat to keep the safety switch off. Still think I will get a bike in the coming years but 4x4ing is what I grew up with and what I love, that and dirt bikes!

I was born and raised on a dairy farm.
I been driving farm equiptment since I could reach the steering wheel and depress clutch at the same time.
So I reckon around 10, 11 years old I started driving...
Bill

Geez Rich your keen. A $60,000 ute, haha.

About 10, driving a tractor at a family friends farm.

Latest posts

Back