How to remove head light covers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
I'm trying to get all water out of headlights there is still a little bit I can't drain. And I can seem to remove cover, what's the secret?
I tried these tabs, but the case seeks to be silicones or glued or something. Cheers.

Attachments

• image-1225335270.jpg
    image-1225335270.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3026738904.jpg
    image-3026738904.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 73
There is a thread on here somewhere about pulling them apart to paint I think it was, I,ve pulled vs commodore headlights apart, just pop the clips then heat the glue with a heat gun. Word of caution to much heat will melt the headlight

Can only try, you only have to heat the glue so you can pry it apart, I also heated the glue when I put them back together, it helps reseal them

I think the thread Dave is talking about the guy actually puts them in the oven on low heat for a few minutes, in the thread he does give a full step by step, oven temps, times ect.
I think it was for installing HID's and removing the Reflector section or painting it.
I will see if i can find a link for you.

Also if you pop the boot off the back and remove the globes (don't touch the glass of the globe) they will eventually dry out, to speed it up remove the headlights from the ute and tip the water out the globe hole and sit them aside for the rest to evaporate, this is if you don't want to try and separate the headlight itself.

I have done it, just put in the oven at 100 deg for about 10mins, or however long you reckon it takes to heat the whole thing up. Should be able to pry the cover off easily with a screwdriver etc.

Latest posts

Back