How to seal rear tub around tail gate on a d40 with a canopy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesy79

Reaction score
Hi All,
I went away on the weekend to Yadboro State Forest camping and the road was dry and dusty.
I have a flexiglass canopy fitted to the tub but seem to get heaps of dust inside through the tailgate.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how they resolved the issue or minimised the dust entering the canopy?

Cheers,
Dan.

You can buy a vent that sits on top of your canopy that faces towards the front of the car, as you drive the air going through the vent causes positive pressure within the tub which in turn forces air out of all the gaps in the canopy & in theory suppose to stop dust entering the tub. Can anyone vouch that these work??

I have one and it was a huge improvement. It will never stop all the dust but I'm happy with it. For the $100 or so dollars it is well worth it. ARB sell them.

Hi All,
I went away on the weekend to Yadboro State Forest camping and the road was dry and dusty.
I have a flexiglass canopy fitted to the tub but seem to get heaps of dust inside through the tailgate.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how they resolved the issue or minimised the dust entering the canopy?

Cheers,
Dan.

I've used a product available from Clarke Rubber to block the gaps around my tailgate. It is a sticky-back low density foam about 50mm wide and 10mm thick. It works reasonably well and would certainly block out whatever you would experience going to Yadboro SF. I've crossed Australia through the middle and done Cape York - and while some doust gets in it is quite small and nothing like beofre I did the fit. The pics will give you an idea of what I've done.

Attachments

• IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3946.jpg
    IMG_3946.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 327

Latest posts

Back