Howdy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatty

Reaction score
Well I have a terrano... But it seems like we're a common bundle here.
Tough as nuts and pulls alright. But slow as a dog. And the turbo is pissing oil in the intake. All apart of the fun, I guess. But she does well off the main roads.

Drove from Perth to Melb recently, she did well!

Hopefully I'll have a bit of fun with many questions.

Well I have a terrano... But it seems like we're a common bundle here.
Tough as nuts and pulls alright. But slow as a dog. And the turbo is pissing oil in the intake. All apart of the fun, I guess. But she does well off the main roads.

Drove from Perth to Melb recently, she did well!

Hopefully I'll have a bit of fun with many questions.

Welcome to the forum!

With that oil in the turbo - it could be from the PCV (crankcase ventilation). If there's a LOT of oil coming up there you might have other problems - possibly worn and/or misaligned piston rings, damaged (scored) bores or a damaged oil separator. If the oil is coming from your turbo's bearings then it's something to pay attention to sooner rather than later.

At any rate, a catch can is useful, but mount it forward of the radiator. Try to plumb the intake line to the bottom of the can and partly fill it with stainless steel wool.

It's not rings, engine running too well and smoothly, plus no smoke.
I would really put money on the turbo just being busted. You can hear it's not running smooth as a turbo, has a slight hissing buzzing noise to it, I just presume after 300k's and no BOV the turbo is bound to shoot itself.

Hadn't considered a catch can, but it might be worth it at the right price.

I think I'll just try and swap over the turbo to the spare I have. My biggest issue however is that the spare's intake isn't quite right. It's be easier to get mine rebuilt (but at too big a price!).

Latest posts

Back