Huge BDOUBLE trucker horn on my navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
Hey everyone. im looking at putting the loudest horn i can get in my ute in there as a seperate horn for in extreme circumstances hahaha.

keep the normal one for normal things but im young and would just love to have a truck horn to be a menace to society when im in the mood. plus i love road rage when slow people sit in the far right hand lane of the motorways doing 90!!!

anyone know where i could get one or how hard it is to set up and what they would run off?

thanks

If it wasn't illegal, I would tell you that a mate of mine who years ago had a police siren on his car & turned it on, just before he made a total arse of himself when turning a corner in the wet and ended up with a bent front wishbone & half the neighbourhood as spectators. 2 hubcaps fell off after hitting the gutter which had to be retrieved, before driving off with the front tyre scrubbing all the way home.

If anyone has seen an old cop show, it was one on the sirens that were on the bonnet, which he had bolted under his front guard. Total DH

Iuse the air horn kits from autobarns and wat not, get two kits, use two compressors but only three horns. Shes loud enough to scare ppl.

I installed a full compressor/tank and horn in mine a few months ago. Certainly scares the crap outa people
IMG_1286.jpg

Horn is made by Rolo in the US and is called "TheChief"
sounds like http://www.wolo-mfg.com/846-stereo.wav only freakin LOUD

And so much fun lol
I ask friends to listen in the front of the truck to hear if they can hear a relay click in
1 blast on the horn and its instant pay back for all those past tricks lol

had a ball making people jump at the Summernats .
the best part is its all 100% legal. no sound level limt any more just must be actuated by a horn button and must be monotone.
I even left the factory horn connected just in case the air runs out

I picked up a truck horn (big chrome trumpet, looks like Aussie's but different tone, more like a tuba) for like $10 on eBay a while back, you can get them from truck wreckers. Dying to fit it, just don't have onboard air.

Running it off the shed compressor though, it sounds bloody good.

some of these sound soo loud.... do truck wrecker horns have to use compressors?
ideally id like one that doesnt need one but is still fuck off loud.

When I was young and stupid, I had a Morris 1100. Under the bonnet I hooked up a PA speaker to an amp which powered the 'in car sound'. I used to play all types of crap through that.

I'd drive down the road playing TV adverts, burn outs from a drag racing album I had, the Daleks off Dr Who.

Almost stacked the thing several times coz I couldn't stop laughing, geez it was funny.

When I was young and stupid, I had a Morris 1100. Under the bonnet I hooked up a PA speaker to an amp which powered the 'in car sound'. I used to play all types of crap through that.

I'd drive down the road playing TV adverts, burn outs from a drag racing album I had, the Daleks off Dr Who.

Almost stacked the thing several times coz I couldn't stop laughing, geez it was funny.

Funny, I did the same thing, but with a CB with PA setting, although mine was for leering at chicks, abusing drunk people, pissing off the coppers etc.

Also nearly smashed it plenty times

I got a twintone air horn from SuperShit the other day and it came with a small set of instructiond. The only problem is that I am completely illiterate when it comes to electronics, so if anyone could give me a step by step to how they installed their horn it would be really great.

Cheers, Cookie

Latest posts

Back