I messed up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently took my instrument cluster out of my Thai d40 and I’ve plugged it back in and now when I turn ignition on something clicks in the engine bay (it’s torn down for head job) and the temp gauge goes half way.
Btw I was looking for the flasher can

If part of the engine has been dismantled then there's going to be sensors unplugged and possibly making contact with ground. I wouldn't sweat it too much at the moment. Get the engine back together, if you haven't done anything to the cluster it should be fine (with the one possible exception that its earth may have been upset in the removal, but you fix that - believe it or not - by adding an earth wire to the stereo casing).

D40s use the BCM for flashing the indicators.

If part of the engine has been dismantled then there's going to be sensors unplugged and possibly making contact with ground. I wouldn't sweat it too much at the moment. Get the engine back together, if you haven't done anything to the cluster it should be fine (with the one possible exception that its earth may have been upset in the removal, but you fix that - believe it or not - by adding an earth wire to the stereo casing).

D40s use the BCM for flashing the indicators.
Oh thank you so much I was freaking out so bad, but now for some reason the rpm gauge has dropped about 15mm below 0 and I just put it all back together what can I do?

The gauges should be able to drop there when they're initialising. Fire it up and see if the ECU puts it back in the right spot (data for the tachometer comes from the ECU not the BCM).

Latest posts

Back