Ice and snow

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarryd

Reaction score
Hey guys going to thredbo this weekend in taking my muddies off and going back to stockies for the trip , what's the go with ice and snow on the road can I use 4h at all or just 2wd ?

Hey mate.

Went to hotham twice in the last few weeks. First time the road was covered with snow and icy sections, so i used high 4. Disengaged it when on the non slippery black stuff though.

Weekend just gone i only used 2wd, and thats when parking on the snow also. Had no problems. We had a dump during one night also.

Hotham is not a steep drive however, never been to thredbo so not sure how steep it is. I wouldnt worry about taking the muddies off though.

I have Maxxis Bighorns also. Just drive to the conditions. Snow on the road you still get plenty of traction, its the black ice that sucks ass.

Oh, and fill up with Alpine diesel.

Pete

Last edited:
Yup, what Pete said.

I'd keep the muddies on. Only engage the 4h if the road has snow (or ice) on it ... and quickly put it back to 2h as soon as you hit bitumen (even wet bitumen)

Keep your speed down too.

I reckon if your going to any of the major resorts (like thredbo) you will only ever need 2wd and just drive to/from there carefully.

Latest posts

Back