Ideal wheels and tyre sizes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey all

About to get wheels and tyres for my new Navara.
I have a 2 inch lift on it if that matters.
But what would my ideal wheel and tyres setup be?
Looking at a all terrain tyre, as I mainly drive on the sand and beaches.
I'm not good on this front, so I need a little help.

Cheers

Last edited:
If you drive on sand often and want the best tyre for that. A highway tyre will work as good or better than a A/T. More aggressive tyres tend to dig holes. It's tempting to go for a taller tyre to give more clearance but sand is very power robbing and the higher effective gearing will not help. If anything go wider to give you more floatation over the sand. Reducing your tyre pressures on sand with a means of re inflating them fast when back on the road is the trick.

I want to get bigger tyres for clearance also. As I want to do more 4x4 tracks and do on also.
I just wing to know what my best sized rim and tyre combo will be.
I want to get new black rims also, so if you think I should get a different size rim?

the general consensus is 265/70/17 or 265/75/16 with 2 inch lift.

thats a 804mm OD compared to a 764mm OD. no scrubbing and legal.

uploadfromtaptalk1405411067232.jpg
This is my ideal ;)

I'd go for 265/75 r16
17 inch tires are more expensive and with the price difference you could get some steelies
I think the offset you need is about +20 or +30 the +20 will stick out more.

Last edited:
Not sure what model you have mate bit mine is Spain built 2013 and standard ryms was 17's +30 offset I have put +20 offset in 16's and they sit pretty flush with guards.

Latest posts

Back