If Nissan keep selling them at this price, this forum sections gonna be busy.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vornar

Reaction score
Hey Fellas.

Just got me a D22.
2010 STR - Silver. Tow Bar, Tub Liner and Taunnau, Window Tint and Keyless entry.

Have had it three weeks and just had a ARB steel bar fitted.
Also picked up a set of IPF XS800 lights still yet to be put on.

Just wanted to say hi and thanks so far for all the info you guys so freely share.

Mods planned:
  • Fit the lights.
  • 2 inch Ironman performance leaf springs.
  • Whack the torsion bar tensions up.
  • Fit my UHF radio. (Have to buy a console first).
  • Sort out a wheel/rubber combo.
  • Maybe a tigerz11 12000lb winch later?
  • EGR Mod. (Will the dealer pick it up on scheduled servicing???)

I had a couple of small questions that maybe someone could help me with.

1. Everyone says 15" wheels wont fit around the brakes on the 2010, well i tried a set on the front and they seemed to fit fine, (1/2 inch clearance on brakes), i havent checked the rears yet, is that where the issue is? I have some 15" wheels and rubber at home from my old hilux that i would like to use as a bush set, once its lifted and the 0 offset wheels dont rub on the mudflap.

2. Will the stock shocks be ok with a 2" lifted rear leaf? is there enough travel in them? I will upgrade eventually but would like to do it in stages to keep the finance minister unaware.

3. Can the larger diameter front shocks be installed if the Calmini upper control arm is fitted? ie - foam cell? I know they rub on the stock upper control arm.

Anyway, if anyone can help, that would be great, keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Vaughan.

Last edited:
15's will fit, haven't tried it myself but have heard of people doing it.

Factory shocks are rubbish, mine were stuffed at 30,000km's.

No idea about the bigger shocks but my Bilstiens are still as awesome as the first time I installed them, close to 100,000km's ago.

By the way welcome.

Dave.

G'day and welcome to the forum.I would replace the torsion bars with ironman aswell.
The 0 wheels will rub on mud flap on turning but it is a very small mod to the mud flap to stop this.

Hey Scotty.

If i mod the mudflap will i get a zero offset wheel under without the lift?
The bush wheel/tyre combo i currently have is a 15X8 with a 31 X 10.5 X 15.

Ive been told 15 X 7 wheel size is the max, i guess 15 X 8 with a zero offset is too much.

Latest posts

Back