IFS vs SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this thread really needs to pause for a bit. At no point has Solid D22 said it is not "Engineered" He has said that it is a bolt on conversion rather than an engineered one. Take a look at what he has written from a different viewpoint. That of a pre designed, ready to fit, certified conversion being "Bolt in" as distinct from an "Engineered" kit as in "Made on the fly for one car"

Until Solid D22 pops up and clarifies that it is pretty pointless savaging him on an interpretation.

his kit is off the shelf from calmini in the states where im sure 1000's have been sold. So design and strength is not an issue. no it wont come with an engineers certifect you have to go get one after its done. but it is infact bolt on, from memory only 2 mounts are welded onto the diff everything else is bolts.

Thats right joshy, only welding done is the mounts onto the diff to hold the radius arms, everything else is 100% bolt on. On Track the professional 4wd store which installed the product for me had said that it was one solid piece of kit and was built extremely good, and if i were to get it engineered it would pass with flying colours.
To clarify other things i also had a mate killed in a car accident because someone tapped his rear quarter spun him around and he hit a pole, dead instantly. The guy responsible kept on driving and was never found, it was a high speed accident but it has not stopped me from modifying cars to how i like for speed, it just makes me more aware to idiots on the road.

Most of us... unfortunately... have had people killed in car accidents. Ive had a carload! Its never good!!

Firstly... Calmini kit is bolt on...as previously explained etc etc.

Secondly... Idiots driving cars kill people... that car may have had "illegal" modifications done to it, but how nitpicking are we going to go here?? most 4bys on this forum could be disqualified if some cop wanted!! its the idiots driving cars that kill people... in majority of cases! a truck drives on wrong side of road... kills heap... not the trucks fault was it.

Back to the subject... Solid Axle ...how good is it?? awesome

resurrecting an old post rather than start a new one... how much did the conversion cost all up? any modifications done to the rear as a result?

better off finding solids build up thread, hes not around any more. Calmini.com will have a price for it online then you have to import it and and find a d44 with left hand drop (rare) or get bubs (or the like) to make you up a custom diff housing. ($1000 +) plus fitting etc..

is it possible to use a different axle assembly?
it would be good if there was another that was a bit easier to find and also have matching diff ratios.

Get a custom housing is the best way. Patrols have 4.3 ratios, all u need is to get bubs or the like to either make you a housing based on a patrol diff or flip a patrol diff. Prob find they will be around the same cost.

im pretty sure my diff ratios 4.6
wouldnt the patrol setup be too wide for the navara?
or can it be shortened etc to fit the nav?

Can be shortened but with the right offset rims u could prob get away with it

joshy, what was the reason you didnt go with the calmini kit on your nav?

The diff the kit is designed around is very rare here in aus and its stil on the small side, At the time custom diffs were stupidly expensive but have since come way down in price. Also the other half of the reason for doing the sas was changing the transfer case to a stronger one. So I figured I would have to modify the calmini kit anyway. Easier to make my own the way I wanted.

Back