I'm an Old Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemini5

Reaction score
I am a young 64 looking to retire at Christmas and shortly thereafter
become part of the dreaded Grey Nomads terrorising the Aussie country side,
just me the missus, my mate and his partner.

What ! On your scooter ? Do you have a trailer :sarcastic: :welcome:

Sorry Mate welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

The 550 should serve you very well in your travels. Are you going to tow with it? It will find it a breeze.

We tow a full-size van with a strong chassis. After giving tents a decent run, we got ourselves a road caravan - meaning, it was designed with a rather weak chassis designed for use on smooth, sealed roads. It didn't handle light forest trails very well and eventually self-destructed and now resides on a small farm as an outbuilding.

Our current caravan is much stronger. We're also extremely happy with the decision to get a van with a shower/toilet - these are very handy - and the fact that we can pull into a rest area whenever we feel the need to and have a nap, or a meal, is brilliant.

Welcome mate.

Dont worry your not the oldest on here. Krafty is about 6 years older.

Thats only an assumption by the way he drives.

^@dave ... just wait until Krafty see that .. PMSL

oh, and welcome mr scooter rider btw .... LOL

Shit you're right Dave I didn't see that. If only I'd seen that yesterday (but some of us actually work :eviltongue:) I'd have punched your bloody lights out!

I worked yesterday actually. For a hour.

Thats a long reach all the way from Victoria.

I was rebuilding a kitchen in the spare humpy on one of the new farms, getting sick of that place but thankfully it's all done (well I've done all I'm doing) now.

It would be worth it to take you down a peg or two you little whipper snapper, one day us oldies will teach you little kiddies a few lessons and you'll be crying all the way home to mummy. :eviltongue:

Mummy wont save you now door stop :ha:

Yeah Dave's sorry he hijacked the thread by picking on me.

Latest posts

Back