I'm back and I'm baaad

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALL4BY

Reaction score
:redcool:

Hey everyone,
Been offline for a while because my D22 was a right off. Was planning for a 2012 ST-X550 but I decided it would be better to buy an older model. So I bought a 2009 D40, it was an ex-government car so it has never seen anything other than bitueman. My question is, what can I expect from this awesome looking thing? I'm setting it up for mainly touring.. suggrstions on mods anyone?

it's all well and good on paper, but experience says way more.. come on guys.. spill lol

Welcome back!

Suspension is a MUST. My 2009 D40 changed completely when I had the Old Man Emu shocks & springs put on. I chose Dakar dual rate leaf springs for the rear.

From there it depends on what you want to do with it. With just the suspension change on mine, we've taken it on some challenging tracks and come out rather well.

welcome back mate, but why not another d22? also what happen to the other one?

bryan

Hey Bryan,
My D22 was T-boned.. complete right off. Even the copper said if it wasn't lifted.. I would have been screwed. I was going to go the ST-X550 but $60k is too much money to go off road in. At first I was convinced I wanted a 550 so the D40 shape grew on me. The D22 will always be my favourite, it was the most reliable b*tch ever :rock:

Welcome back!

Suspension is a MUST. My 2009 D40 changed completely when I had the Old Man Emu shocks & springs put on. I chose Dakar dual rate leaf springs for the rear.

From there it depends on what you want to do with it. With just the suspension change on mine, we've taken it on some challenging tracks and come out rather well.

Hey Tony,
Suspension and tyre's are the first 2 on the list. How is it on diesel? I plan to do heaps of touring

On standard tyres (255/70R16) it's pretty good. On the 265/70R16s I could get it into 10s when not towing, but limiting max speed to around 95-97km/h and just cruising.

On standard tyres (255/70R16) it's pretty good. On the 265/70R16s I could get it into 10s when not towing, but limiting max speed to around 95-97km/h and just cruising.

Sounds good. Thanks Tony.
I pick it up tomorrow.. looking forward to it

Latest posts

Back