I'm bloody P*ssed off!!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A copper i know calls the highway patrol dogs,because dogs chase cars.
HA HA.

Disclaimer: I didn't say that.

that is the biggest load of bullsh!t i have ever heard.
the cops obviously planned it so that they can make as much money as they can and get there quoter up for the month.

seriously why dont think go and actually solve some crimes and stop people being killed, robbed and whatever else they do.
no wonder most people dont like them.

You've gotta understand that there's two types of coppers: normal coppers and traffic coppers. As Navarian said, normal coppers hate traffic coppers, and I've heard them call traffic coppers a lot worse than dogs. One of my best mates is a Sargeant - I'm going over to his place tomorrow night to have a few sherbets - and he speaks of traffic coppers as a lower life form - they're thought of as scum. Saying things like why don't they go and catch real criminals is pointless, because all they do is traffic. These blokes have one purpose in life - to catch people breaking the road rules.

That said, I would be mightily pist off if I was caught like Matt was. If a letter doesn't work, get some publicity and make some noise. Only this week some woman got out of 10 of 11 speeding fines on a tollway because she made some noise.

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to hear of the hassle you had, that does suck. I was thinking to myself about this and this may or may not be of assistance to you but read on in any case.....

My understanding of the road rules are that if a road is not speed limit posted, and is outside of suburban limits, ie has no street lighting, then the speed limit is 80kmh unless otherwise posted. You may be able to argue that one as a technicality and then argue that your speedo calibration is within tolerance for you to be over the slightly over limit and still read OK.

Just a thought. It may have been 100kph prior to the roadworks, then the speed limit of the roadworks was enforced to 60kph, but the "end of roadworks" sign should indicate the end of the roadworks speed zone. In the absence of a new speed limit, the rules should be reverting back to 80kph unless otherwise sign posted rule. This is my understanding of the rules from "back in the day", perhaps they've changed. :-(

Good luck whichever way it goes.

DJ

deejay has a good point. as soon as i see the end of roadworks sign im on the go peddle.
as the reason you have slowed down is over.

I have sent off my letter so time will tell how it goes, I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the advice guys.

No good. I got a letter back from the superintendand of traffic saying that they have investigated the fine and they are confident that they are well within their rights to fine me. I now have to pay to fine or wait for a summons and take the matter to court. There's no way I will win in court, so looks like I wil just have to cop it and learn from it, the same with all the others that got done there too.

That shits me...

You won't ply the good driving record defence?

Sorry to hear about the outcome of the response. I could see the point of this particular law IF traffic management contractors could be trusted to correctly implement the requirements for the signs. You have a very regulated field (transport law) being controlled by essentially very lazy companies.

Driving on the Princes Fwy (eastern sector) on Thursday, there was yet another example where they took the traffic from 110 down to 40 for roadworks, then forgot or didn't have the sign to restore the 110 limit... There was a three kilometre long 40 zone with no roadworks till we got to the next permanent sign. Theoretically it is within the rights of the police to take the driving licence from all ~100 drivers who went through there 70km over the limit. WTF??

I understand your grief and anoyance, but the fact is its not a 100k untill you go past the 100 sign and its not set up as a trap but will catchout the unweary.
You could give the courts a go as some do get off especially for a first offence.
It will cost you though for representation.
Its depends on how much you want a clean driving record.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's worth the gamble taking it to court to try and save $200.

I have had a couple of fines over the years (only one every couple of years or so) so I don't have a clean record anyways. I think I just have to cop a reaming over this one.

Back