I'm new with a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BourkeyD22

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just bought a D22 ST-R and have had the following options fitted:- ARB Winchbar with 9000lb warn winch
ARB Airlockers front and rear with compressor
ARB Siderails and steps
ARB Longrange tank
Safari snorkel
O.M.E nitro sport suspension kit
And IPF Extreme sports spotties.
Is it true that a dual battery system cannot be fitted because of the Safari snorkel? If it can, where can I purchase it?
P.s. it is a MY12

Thanks guys
BourkeyD22

Nice buy!!! You can fit dual
Batteries although the location will have to be elswhere

Thanks mate. I asked ARB if they could fit it but they just said no. They could supply the tray but that was it, hence the reason why I asked.

Thanks again

Anything can be done. Run it in the tub? Post some picks. Nice pick up with the air lockers front and rear!

I'll be picking it up in about 3-4 weeks hopefully cos I just ordered it today. Can't wait to get it and test her out that's for sure

I wasn't sure if they even made front lockers for the d22 yet?

Get rid of that ugly safari snorkel and get a nissan snorkel, then you will have the room for that second batt in the engine bay you really want

Get rid of that ugly safari snorkel and get a nissan snorkel, then you will have the room for that second batt in the engine bay you really want

I could still do that. Is there much difference performance wise? If not I'd be up for doing that

only what the weight of an extra battery takes...but you would have put on in anyway.

Even better, apparently the one I'm getting is a Thailand built one and they come with Dual batteries so I'm happy with that. I also took your advice and changed the Snorkel to Genuine Nissan, so thanks for your advice mate

Mate ive got the same thai built nav. Its not a true dual battery system but a split battery system. I was told nissan stuck 2 smaller cranking batteries in that had a higher combined output current than one single cranking battery (for cold european climates apparently). Need to install an isolator between the 2 batteries, and will probably have to upgrade both batteries to cope. The passenger side battery(auxilliary) will also get in the way of a snorkel, so will have to be relocated.

I thought I'd get in quick with that one, it just comes to me. Haha

Even better, apparently the one I'm getting is a Thailand built one and they come with Dual batteries so I'm happy with that. I also took your advice and changed the Snorkel to Genuine Nissan, so thanks for your advice mate

If its a Thai built d22 then it would have been built at best November 2011---as after that they were made in Japan--single battery

hope you are getting a fair wack off the price for a 8 mth old 2011 model:sorry3:

Latest posts

Back