im sorry .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys the plan is to sell my d40 ...

not that the navara is a bad rigg just not going to cut what i would like to do in the bush

my mates do rough stuff and trying to keep up i think ill find im going to brake more stuff then anything not that i wont brake anything in my next 4wd i prob just wont care as much if that makes seance.

anyway im hoping u guys still like me enough to lead me in the right direction

i no that most will be going for nissan but im looking at the

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 79 SERIES UTE (the 6 not the 8) or
NISSAN PATROL UTE 4.2 both will be diesel manuals
both will be slower than my navara but its what i want ...

thanks guys
:rambo:

Yep,D40's are crap,you should sell any accessories you have cheap,because no one will want them. :)

If you are carrying carpet and tools a fair bit your best bet would be the leaf in stock form or go the Coil cab with helper air bags.

This is a mates GU, it has had a fair bit of money spent on the 4.2L but it now puts out about 250KW on 35"s.
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/patpassler/?action=view&current=MOV_0377.mp4
To give an idea of how big the steps are he is driving up there, his tyers are 37X13.5" and its twin locked.

Yep,D40's are crap,you should sell any accessories you have cheap,because no one will want them. :)

the only thing you will miss is the cab space i guess' being in a single cab patrol or cruiser is like being in a d22 dual cab no f#$ken room. get the 4.2 patrol mate i've had four of them tuff as nails.:rock:

Patrol. Nearly everything about them is unbreakable. Mates put his through everything

this monster ride kit it surpost to coming out in two weeks ?? worth the wait or it still wouldn't con-pair to a soild axle would it ?

navdog_d40 said:
this monster ride kit it surpost to coming out in two weeks ?? worth the wait or it still wouldn't con-pair to a soild axle would it ?

Did you by any chance take English in school?

If it was me, Id go the CRD ZD30 or the TB48DE.

The TD42 should of been left in the GQ, its the most overated engine of all time.

The 1HZ is a even better engine.

In a Perfect world, the TD42 would of been binned years ago for something like the 1HDFTE.

If it was me, Id go the CRD ZD30 or the TB48DE.

The TD42 should of been left in the GQ, its the most overated engine of all time.

The 1HZ is a even better engine.

In a Perfect world, the TD42 would of been binned years ago for something like the 1HDFTE.

Don't think the Patrol UTE ever came out with the 4.8L, it would be mad as if it did as they go hard. 1 of my mates has one in his wagon and loves it.

*you're :love sign:

Just to throw something out of left field, what about a Land Rover TDi Defender Ute? Aluminium bodies too for the most part, so not much to rust and will go anywhere. Even the Queen drives one when on the Estate, I believe.

I've still got my old D21, but my holiday drive is now a Discovery, and I'm pretty happy with the pulling power and ride comfort. Fantastic online community too with great support.

The Patrols are popular because they're cheap to purchase, easy to work on and parts are also cheap (this in comparison to Toyota).

If I were you and didn't care what you got, I'd look at the price of the parts you you will need to buy to get the vehicle to do what you want it to do. Also are the parts available.

Be warned though, these things can be bottomless pits with regards to money. Lots of people spend more time working on their trucks than driving them I reckon.

Latest posts

Back