Important question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came across this, read through it all and was quite amused, so i thought i`d bump it back. How is it that NSW get two home games this year??

As expected as the carry on before, during and after the game. I watched five pages on another forum erupt within 3 minutes of the binning incident, it was as fast moving as the game :big_smile:

CBF looking up the new rule myself so can someone tell me if when a punch is thrown and a player in binned does it also go on report, or does the binning substitute any reporting and possible suspension from that report?

Thats a very good question actually, i THINK the ref needs to indicate at the time the player is on report. If he does not at the time of the incident there is no such report, but the review committee can outside of the game review the incident and have the player on report.
So i`m lead to believe.

Given the review committee can review anything if that gets taken out of the equation for the time being and someone who throws a punch does get binned in favour of a report, I can't see what the big fuss is.

Throwing a punch is pretty obvious (ok QLD may not think so today but shit happens) so chances are if the ref puts it on report the player will get suspended. If the report isn't instant and the player just gets 10 mins in the bin it seems like a pretty fair deal to me. Also making a team short of players at a possibly tense moment of the match may well make players think twice before trying to prove they are better fighters than players.

According to the daily telegraph
Merrin was charged with grade one striking and is looking at a one-match ban.
Hodges was charged with contrary conduct and will escape suspension with an early plea.
Bird and Tate were cleared.

So it appears they can and do get reported as well as the binning.

Although if Tate and Bird were cleared it does bring into question as to whether they were wrongfully binned in the first place.

Thats a good point Krafty, i didnt watch the match as i already suspected the out come, but if they threw a punch they had been warned, if they didnt then it would look to be a wrongful binning.

There will be a new raft of player/lawyer meetings and instead of Tuesday night tribunal it will be set out for wrongful binning cases and the NRL will get sued for loss of game winnings when teams loose :big_smile:

The game has been turning to ass for awhile now, iv slowly stopped caring and headed into Moto Gp as i use to ride and still wanna buy another bike soon.

I don't care about many sports these days but I still prefer NRL to AFL and really don't see any need for the punch ons but like all sports rules overtake things and get out of hand. Unfortunately sometimes things do need to change to keep moving forward but traditionalists rarely see it and rule makers rarely consider it.

Much like our society these days, over ruled in some areas and lacking where it matters.

Yeah but on the football field you go to work, get the shits up and hit someone, thousands scream and you get to stay home from work for a few weeks. In the real world you go to work, hit a co-worker and get sacked and live in poverty until you get a new job. Those party girls on the football field have it sooooo gooood!!!

yeah its a hard life they have not to mention how much they now make per season to do all this.

The Blues would be a better team and it would be easier to support them if there just wasn't as many NSW players in the team.

NSW supporters seem awfully quiet the last few years, maybe QLD better gift them a series next year just to see if they are still alive.

Latest posts

Back