Increased boost after blocking EGR?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you could be right with the gas thing as its supposed to make it run a bit cleaner.

Mate mine was propably 30% blocked with black carbon when I did mine. Can only imagine what had already been put through my engine.

My oil started staying a honey color till 4k after being changed too. Got to be better.

When I say inlet I mean inlet manifold so yes drivers side. Where the aluminum pipe bolts onto the inlet manifold.

If you think a pic would help I can go take one of the pipe.

if you could it would be really good ah.
Also im gonna do the oil ctach can at the same time can you get a photo of which hose you cut and connected it to?
and what size can would i need?
thanks for all the help mate.

yeah the gas has been wound back, i think the extra fuel is a result of the chip, but i can turn it down 2.
so when driving on the highway it will put the air same of air in as before it just it will be more cleaner air from the turbo not the egr?
thanks very much for your help with this tweak.
did you block your's the turbo side or other side?

at Cruise (not full noise) you will put more air through the motor as there is no exhaust gas going back into the manifold. eg instead of 70% air going in it will be 100% air going in.

i fitted blanking plate on the inlet manifold side. hopefully over winter i will get to remove the whole EGR pipe.

one thing to watch, i had one report of fuel consumption increasing after blocking EGR. however it was intercooled (intercooler too small?) and had dodgy air intake which may have accounted for that.

catch can fits on the breather hose. there is only one ;)

the soot build up, $$$$ depending i hope to get water/alcohol injection fitted which will clean all that build up out.

No worries

Attachments

• 03042009(002).jpg
    03042009(002).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 03042009(003).jpg
    03042009(003).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 174
hey,
this is the egr return tube right? it just blows fumes into the intake from what i see.

dsc02179.jpg

dsc02180e.jpg

cant i just get a longer hose and have it so that the fumes exit say the side or back of the vehicle discretely? saves any mods to the turbo apart from just blocking that hole...

yep, crankcase vent line. thats the line you want the catch can in.

also it looks like you have normal turbo.
is your nav 2WD or 4x4 ??
(btw helps to fill out your sig with vechile details)

I only blocked mine on the inlet side.

I blocked mine at around 80k I think and the amount of black crap in the inlet hole made me wish I had done it much sooner.

Any way of cleaning it out Laith? my ute has about those Ks too, i guess only wayis you have to strip motor to clean eh?

Latest posts

Back