Inderpendant transmission cooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
Searching through but couldn't find any info on fitting a seperate cooling system. As to what size cooler where to mount etc !

I have a separate cooler mounted in front of the intercooler down low. They disconnected the cooler inside the radiator and blocked off the openings in the radiator to prevent problems.

I don't have a means of measuring my ATF temp yet, have been wondering how I'd do it since the data isn't available in the ECU it means (for my 2009 STX) I need to add a gauge and sender myself to the gearbox.

I was goin to put in a bigger trany cooler in but its pretty big considering i thought it was the size of ya palm behind ya grill..

I have a separate cooler mounted in front of the intercooler down low. They disconnected the cooler inside the radiator and blocked off the openings in the radiator to prevent problems.

I don't have a means of measuring my ATF temp yet, have been wondering how I'd do it since the data isn't available in the ECU it means (for my 2009 STX) I need to add a gauge and sender myself to the gearbox.

you could tap the line out from the tranny before the cooler quite easily but yes would mean a separate gauge. could get a mulit function gauge set up. i use to run one on a jetski that would measure afr, boost, water temp and oil temp. just switched between what you were looking for at the time.. all interdependent though not through the ecu. be nice to hook up a motech 150 with color dash !

I was goin to put in a bigger trany cooler in but its pretty big considering i thought it was the size of ya palm behind ya grill..

its not the size of them that's the problem mate its because they are renownd for leaking... well the 2.5 are

better to go to big than to small.
also get bar/plate style and make sure outlet is at top.

i'm used to other 4x4's where the factory one is ditched because it adds heat into the cooling system. they run the biggest cooler they can fit in front of the radiator.

as cold as you can without turning the oil to sludge.
if you go to very cold areas (eg snow) you can get thermostats for it which are around the 80c mark.

Latest posts

Back