Indicator, reverse, brake and tail Lighting issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a strange issue with my lights on my 03 D22 Nav STR3.0. Firstly if I use each light individually they work fine but when i use two variations it goes haywire. The scenarios are as follows:

If i have my lights on they work fine, as soon as i flick an indicator left the tail lights flash and the rear right indicator goes on, it is vice versa if i flick right. also my number plate lights flash like an indicator.

I put the accessories on and put my vehicle in reverse (to light up the reverse lights) They were fine till i touch the brake, then the rev lights go off and indicators go on. These are all in the rear. There doesn't seem to be a problem in the front lights.

Also i noticed in the car when it was dark, i press the brake and the radio head unit lights up like i turned the lights on. So naturally i pressed the brake multiple times and radio kept lighting up like the lights were being turned on and off.

I hope this is not too much detail and i hope somebody knows how to fix this. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Poor earth somewhere.... I would see if there is or should be a good clean earth from the chassis to the tub, and the chassis to the batteries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back