Indicators and wiper problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Raine

Reaction score
Help needed please, yesterday my windscreen wipers would only work on intermittent and fast wipe, when I pushed the wiper arm up once for a quick wipe they wouldn't work, today the indicators won't work, but the hazzards do, anyone have any ideas about the problems. Thanks, forgot to say 2016 NP300

It could be the stalks. It won't be the ribbon cable because the stalks connect separately to the steering wheel.

These things are controlled by the BCM - Body Control Module - which usually lives under the dash, I'm not exactly sure where it will be in yours, the 2014 model's BCM lives behind the lower instrument panel on the driver's side, held in by two nuts with a large electrical connector attached. You might check to see if someone's added anything to the wiring, or if (somehow) some of the wiring has been damaged.

It could be the stalks. It won't be the ribbon cable because the stalks connect separately to the steering wheel.

These things are controlled by the BCM - Body Control Module - which usually lives under the dash, I'm not exactly sure where it will be in yours, the 2014 model's BCM lives behind the lower instrument panel on the driver's side, held in by two nuts with a large electrical connector attached. You might check to see if someone's added anything to the wiring, or if (somehow) some of the wiring has been damaged.
Thanks for that, I'll look into to it, they started working again yesterday, but stopped today, thanks again

I've never heard of anyone reprogramming the BCM. It might have some record in it of the vehicle's specific information (key registration, number of doors, driver's window operation mode) but as far as I am aware it's not vehicle-specific. It looks like the ECU has a registration for the specific BCM (probably just to ensure that it's a legit BCM, but I don't have any info on whether or not this causes a problem with the car if the BCM is "alien" to the ECU).

The manual describes a couple of steps when replacing the BCM: one is to save the old config if possible, and restore this to the new BCM, and the other step is to register the ignition key IDs - otherwise the BCM appears to be completely replaceable.

Latest posts

Back