Indicators, reverse lights, accessorie lights all f***ed!!! - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron

Reaction score
Alright this sounds over dramatic but it is getting me so angry.
First issue was my indicators kept turning on and off whenever they wanted to. That was bareable.
Then i swapped my tub for a tray and i think i shorted out the reverse lights wich caused a massive chain reaction.
So i have no reverse lights, no indicators most the time, no speedo, no odometer, no accesory lights. However i still have the accesore light for my high beams. and when the dash and indicators decide they want to turn on i have the batterie warning light on.

OH AND IT BLEW MY FUSE FOR THE GME!!!!

I am convinced it is an earthing problem but i have been trying the earth in so many different spots and it doesnt make a difference and the only earth i moved was the one for the lights however i still have break lights and the parkers.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA?

Hi Aaron!

It actually sounds like you might have more than one fault here, but the first thing you could try is something that happened to my car ...

Remove the tail light globes (all of them) and clean the globes and the sockets. I had some debris in one of mine and it sent my tail lights crazy.

Assuming they're ok, and we'll assume that there's only ONE fault in the system, then you're looking at something that is central to all of those items and your guess of the earth sounds pretty good.

I'd look at both ends of the battery negative cable. Check its connection to the battery, and check its connection to the engine body. If they're good, try connecting an earth cable (with jumper leads) to the tail lights negative and see if that fixes things.

If you're still struggling, some people have reported corrosion in the back of their internal fuse panel.

Let's see what that does. I assume wipers are functional, stereo, windows, horn?

This will be a tricky one mate,
I would do as tony suggested, also try to examine the wiring harness in as many places as possible to check for possible melting wires. Start from the tail lights and trailer plug, then follow the wiring which in the d22 comes up underneath the drivers seat.
As far as I remember the harness continues next to the drivers side door and then up behind the dash where it plugs into the computer.
From there it goes to all the dash gauges/heater controls etc and then through into the engine bay. Along the way it also divides off towards the electric windows/mirrors.
Hope you can get it sorted without the aid of an auto sparky as it can get quiet expensive.

Thanks to both of you.
Last time I called an auto sparky for my rev taco they wanted 180 just to come have a look.
So firstly I cleaned the rear indicator socket out as it was corroded and that got the lights working then I replaced my ticker box so it doesn't turn itself off either.
Re earthed to the chassis. Replaced about 5 fuses.
Everything is a lot better now.
Thanks. Was fun driving to work at 4am without my dash lights and speedo.
And I'm going robe in a few weeks would have killed me.
Thanks a heap to both of you blokes.

Latest posts

Back