Injector part numbers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone enlighten me on the difference in the following injector part numbers?
As far as i can tell they are both for the euro iv yd25 navara.
My truck came with
16600 eb70a injectors which are stuffed after 180k
The replacement units i am trying to get to work are 16600 ec00e.
Both are supposed to work in this model
Its a dec 2009 build thai st. 126kw
Now the problem i am having is that i can erase the adjustment values and input the new ones but it wont allow them to be saved. I have tried doing them one at a time but same result. Any variation on the input format just results in an error.
I can hook up one of the old injector and it will code up perfectly so it is an injector to ecu thing.
I do know the euro 3 injectors wont code in a euro four ecu but these are defo euro 4 injectors. Its really pissing me off and getting expensive!
After a call to nissan (last resort) they did say they may be able to re flash the ecu to allow it to accept the new injectors. This is a first for me, anyone else heard of such a thing?
Would really love to know why it wont accept the apparently correct euro 4 injectors.
Thanks in advance and any help greatfully accepted!

Will only idle very rough and wont rev over 2000.
It seems its a legacy thing and nissan can update the ecu for the later injector model. Fingers crossed!

Got it running ok without the adjustment values so i was able to drive it over to nissan. They were able to reflash the ecu and register the injectors no problem. They did it while i waited. Well the result is a great improvement in the noise level from the engine. The nasty death rattle is gone and there is much less vibration under acceleration. I did notice the gear shifts in the auto seem smoother like some of the harshness is gone. I wonder if that has anything to do with the later software?
It also feels like it has a little less oomph but that might just be it hasnt yet learnt how i drive or the old injectors were over fueling.
Overall a pia of a job to do but its so much better now, it was doing my head in thinking of the tortured pistons!

Got it running ok without the adjustment values so i was able to drive it over to nissan. They were able to reflash the ecu and register the injectors no problem. They did it while i waited. Well the result is a great improvement in the noise level from the engine. The nasty death rattle is gone and there is much less vibration under acceleration. I did notice the gear shifts in the auto seem smoother like some of the harshness is gone. I wonder if that has anything to do with the later software?
It also feels like it has a little less oomph but that might just be it hasnt yet learnt how i drive or the old injectors were over fueling.
Overall a pia of a job to do but its so much better now, it was doing my head in thinking of the tortured pistons!

what did that cost to get done

Good result there iceman. At least the beast is running now. Hopefully now you will have an uneventful bit of ownership!

Back