injectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Reaction score
long story, had the injectors replaced at Gladstone Nissan at around 90 000klm under warranty.
Now i have done 188000klm and have had a problem with fuel economy and a noise that sounded like a really bad diesel knock under light load only.
After takeing the vehickle back to nissan, they stick it on there computer and tell me that the injectors need to be replaced, as you are out of warranty that will be $5500.
After an impolite reply i went to Rockhampton diesel injector service and had my injectors removed and checked. bad news for me, all the injector need to be replaced. the cause - last time the injectors where replaced the injector washers where not fited, thats why the injectors are no blue and stuffed and the noise i could hear was blow by.
After contacting the owner of Gladstone Nissan where the work was performed(and purchased and every service for the first 160 000klm) and informing him of the problem he says he will look into it.
After he looks into it he tells me that they purchased the washers and that his workshop supervisor was the one that did the work.
He admits that they may be negligent but as the work was done over 2 years and 90 000klm ago that he wont pay anything towards the repairs, even after saying that i should get over 300 000klm out of the injectors.
not sure on the next step, department of fair traiding or small claims court.
by the way it cost me $2900 to get the injectors replaced and the guys at Rockhampton Diesel injector service where great.
i may still get a new 550 next year but you can bet i will never spend another cent at Gladstone Nissan and if anyone is silly enough to get work done on there car there, well youve been told.
:suicide2::suicide2::suicide2:

Latest posts

Back