instrument lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesegic29

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just come back from holidays and noticed that the back lighting that illuminates the dash cluster is completely gone, all the indicator lights work and all the gauges work... and i can't find a fuse for it so is it something to do with the globes or is it a fuse problem...

Sounds like a fuse, you will probably find you have no parkers or tail lights either. I'd be checking fuses for them rather than just dash lights

Mine go out all the time & there appears to be two reasons:

1) I run headlights during the day alot - lights on more equates to shorter globe life. Solution - change globes more often.

2) Replacement globes seem to be smaller than sockets they fit into, so the contact can be poor sometimes (especially on bumpy tracks) - but a thump on the instrument cluster brings them back.

But some times these things just shit themselves and need replacing. It's an easy job to change globes - swap'em out and see how you go!

hey..,.
i've got a 2003 single cab... i just checked and all my headlights, parkers, brakes, interior, all the warning LIGHTS (eg glow plug, hand brakes) are working, just the back lighting for the dash cluster is not, even gave a nice little beating to try and get it working... it's annoying cause i have to check with my phone the speed I'm going at night and then just listen to the engine to keep the revs the same or follow some one i think is doing the right speed at night...

i'll have to take it to an auto elec or call some one out...

easy enough to change the globes. theres a few threads on it. even if the globes have not blown it would pay to change them anyway as they tend to silver up and be fairly useless.

the bulbs you need is two 3 watt T5 bulbs.
they can be hard to find. most sparkies i found only stocked lower wattage ones.

G'day fellas, mate of mine has a 2008 D22 and his dash is so much brighter compared to my 2003 D22 both ST-R models... His looks to be really good LED dash lights and I want mine as bright as his, what kind of globes would he have?

they run a totally different setup. not interchangeable.
but i would check is that the bulbs in the meter silver up after a while and go dull. so replacing bulbs is the first thing to try.

they run a totally different setup. not interchangeable.
but i would check is that the bulbs in the meter silver up after a while and go dull. so replacing bulbs is the first thing to try.

Ahhh man that's gay. Cheers mate. I wasn't after them being interchangeable but more like if they (Newer D22) run same kind of wedgetail globes only LED instead of Halogen like mine (older D22)

i havn't got a pic to be able to tell. i would suspect the later one is led soldered onto the board, ie not meant to be changed.

replacement led's do not work well in the older model that you have as its only two bulbs that light up the dash. however i did hear of someone who pulled the cluster apart and fitted lots of leds inside the gauges.

Latest posts

Back