Insurance.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Hey ho.

Wondering who everyone is insured with and what their premiums are.

Im particulaly interested in hearing from people with body lifts and suspension lifts.

Thanks all.

Stuart

Im GIO and they cover me for aftermarket struts and UCA but they charge me an extra $100 in excess for the deal.they even cover me for some parts I have from Nissan US
I beleive the payments are roughly $110 per month for my 2007 4x2 with extras with agreed value of $37,000

2010 ST-R, Agreed Value $37500.00, no Mods but plenty of accessories. With AAMI $542.00 Per Annum.

Regards

Greg

I was about a grand with NRMA. I'll be shopping around soon when it come to renewal....

2006 D22 ST-R, agreed value $30,510. No modifications to the motor but a few accessories. Insured with AAMI at $1,187 Per Annum

im with budget direct no mods yet. i pay about $1700 a year(24yr old). covered offroad and for market value so at the moment around 42k. ive had one claim with them and it was fixed just took along time to get it done. so i may go elsewhere.

Shit I must be too old and they feel sorry for me. Full comp agreed value set at $54K and includes all the extras currently on the car and I pay a bit over $500 a year. Mind you I was paying over $2000 a year for a Datsun when I first got my license so I've paid my share of premiums.

I am 23 (no accidents and had license since 16) full comprehensive on the my nav was $840 in SA with Allianz through a broker. That was with the electric brakes, bullbar, power chip and tinted windows. When I added the rest see below (lift etc) they sent me a bill for $45 for the extra features.

I was quite happy with the nav quote, as when we moved out of home 4 years ago RAA wanted to charge 5k per year for a 1992 charade (how does get stuffed sound) car is not worth that.

I'm covered with HBA ... forget what the cost was, but the Navara was cheaper to insure than my falcon wagon.

And i just got a free ... yes FREE windscreen installed yesterday after being on the receiving end of a larger than golf ball size rock flicked up at me on the easter weekend. HBA sent o'brians glass out to replace the windscreen whilst i was at work. 100% free.

Not at fault claim. No access. does not void my no claim etc etc etc ....

o'briens had quoted me $500 to do it (before the weekend). very happy with HBA putting it all through and it was fixed within 24 hours of my call.

cant remember exactly how much the premium cost me per year, but i think around the $600 mark. maybe a bit more.

Im only 24 and im insured through allianz for 42k and im paying just over 900 per anum

I'm with RACV - about $600 per year. I'm looking into my policy and possibly at some specific 4x4 insurance after discussing with another forum member who fitted a 2" lift and went from a low risk to medium risk simply because of the lift.

Does the run of the mill policy cover you in an offroad situation - for example a creek crossing? Do they cover your equipment - fridge, recovery gear, camping gear etc?

I doubt anyone will insure a body lift unless it is engineered.

Not that relevant to you, but I'm on $309PA for Third Party plus $5000 uninsured driver cover, covers my chassis modifications and engine swap (bigger deal than suspension and body lift) etc etc blah blah but this stuff is much simpler when it's not comprehensive. Just Car. I'm twenty-one now, Shannons weren't interested in a 20yo at all when I was shopping

My new Patrol was cheaper $150 a year cheaper to insure than the 2 year old Navara, even with a $12K price difference.

This thread reminds me I must ring up and add all the xtra's to the policy.

My Nav (when I brought it) was $65 cheaper to insure than my 05 Forrestor and the agreed value was nearly $20K different, although commercial as opposed to passenger is what makes a difference for the Nav.

Latest posts

Back