inter cooler leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grob

Reaction score
HI guys .How would I know if my intercooler was leaking ? Have read in the forum about yd25 intercoolers leaking and seems to be a common fault, any help appreciated .Grob

There are two ways to tell. First, you'll hear it - it will sound like anything from a loud hiss to a screeching/squealing sound. Obviously if it's a large leak it might sound like a gay man eating cabbages, so maybe look at the alternative method.

The second way - and this is how you find WHERE the leak is - look at the intercooler and the piping around it. Because there's oil vapour (from the PCV) in the compressed air stream inside, that oil will show as a black oily stain around the leak.

Nissan has always used rubbish intercoolers, Skylines, Silvia's, Patrol's etc.

Get a decent quality aftermarket intercooler.

Actually, most Mazda intercoolers I have seen aren't much better.

They do leak, easiest way to tell is get right up it, around 3500rpm and up they are very loud. Also, as above look for oil stains where the end tanks are crimped onto the core. I don't know if you have seen the other thread about people getting factory ones welded up, that was a common mod on the gu patrols too as theirs were crimped from the factory too

Latest posts

Back