Intro and Q

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleety

Reaction score
Hi All. I have been lurking through this forum for a while now, many times a day, and have finally joined. I can say I dont have a lot to contribute mechanical wise as im still learning the in's and out's of how it all works, but I have done quiet a lot of beach and bush driving so can offer some advice on a few spots if anyone needed it. There is definately a wealth of knowledge from the members of this site. Quick question, for someone not mechanically minded (working on that), I have a 2010 D40, is there some basic regular maintenance that I should be looking after, apart from the obvious regular servicing which gets done every 10k?

Welcome to the forums

Quick question, for someone not mechanically minded (working on that), I have a 2010 D40, is there some basic regular maintenance that I should be looking after, apart from the obvious regular servicing which gets done every 10k?

Not in general, if you service it regularly, check things every now and again and listen out for changes in noises there is nothing that needs doing maintenance wise that you wont catch up with every service.

Outside of services I'd be lucky to open the bonnet twice, I only ever check tyre pressures when they look low, I only make a passing check at the green bubble in the battery (both main and aux) and it's been washed about 4 times in just over 3 years. I do occasionally check globes by sitting in the car in the garage but that's about the extent of my regular maintenance.

welcome mate
i reccomend an oil change every 5k
and you should consider a turbo timer or make sure you idle it down for a minute or 2 before you switch it off
i also run fuel doctor in every tank
turbo's and injectors arent cheap to replace
enjoy

Last edited:
I to change the oil & filter every 5K. For a bit of piece of mind.
The EGR block off mod is easy and worthwhile doing. Stops the exhaust gas and crud fouling the intake and engine. Gives a little more throttle response to.

oil every 5k catch can boost /pyro gauges. then when you see how hot it is when you switch it off you will be running for a turbo timer your egr block,you will need to read up on it for your model its easy but not straight forward

Latest posts

Back