iphone scangauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty neat. That custom cable will be what you're paying for.

It's not vehicle specific, either - lots of vehicles have OBD ports. Might be worth getting hold of. Good find!

damm ... i only bought a scanguage about 3 months ago - i could have got this cable and software for half price ...

very cool find !

This is another example of the multitude of programs out there for OBD ports. Some are free some cost money, whether free is as good as paid is probably more a personal preference than anything else but from what I've looked at each one does have different limitations. Even the ProScan software I got which they claim is worth a few hundred dollars has limitations for some people, but limitations don't always mean the software is no good.

Another iPhone/pad app that was gaining in popularity (if you believe everything your read) is Innovate Motorsports OT-2 - Transform your iPhone or iPod into a wireless gauge, data logger, dyno, efficiency meter and OBDII scan tool.. It's dearer than the one in the first post but it also does more/different things. At the end of the day it's still going to be a personal preference though.

As far as it not being vehicle specific none of them are vehicle specific, they require a particular set of protocols and depending on the protocols understood as to what vehicle information is reported. While it says it works with Post 96 US cars and post 01 and 03 EOBD cars that doesn't mean that every function will work on every model that fits into that range, but it also doesn't mean it wont work, just like the claim of all the dearer ones that suggest some functions may not work on specific models.

oh yeh that wireless one would be even better probably, didnt know there was more around are these programs new or just not popular?
also how do you reckon that wireless one calculates the HP your cars making?

Some are new some have been around for ages, some are reincarnations of others. People have been making OBD software for as long and manufacturers have been using OBD ports. Updates are probably dictated but popularity but like all freeware programs some will have a following and others wont.

The only difference between the wireless readers/scanners and the wired ones is the plug, instead of a wire coming out they have the wireless dongle that sends to a receiver that can be installed on things like laptops etc.

Don't bother with the cheapy bluetooth dongle. I bought one for (I think) $53 and I have had nothing but trouble with it.

I may have gotten a lemon, I might just have the wrong software, but I have other priorities too, and this project just fell by the wayside. It can sit there until I find some decent OBD software that I can at least tinker with for a time before shelling out more $ to find out I'm wasting my time again.

Don't bother with the cheapy bluetooth dongle. I bought one for (I think) $53 and I have had nothing but trouble with it.

I may have gotten a lemon, I might just have the wrong software, but I have other priorities too, and this project just fell by the wayside. It can sit there until I find some decent OBD software that I can at least tinker with for a time before shelling out more $ to find out I'm wasting my time again.

If you have an iPhone the goPoint Technology Apps are free on itunes.
Would be interested to know if the Apps work with a cheaper bluetooth dongle.
goPoint Technology want $99 for the dongle and #39.95 for postage from the USA.

Hi All,

Anyone know if this works with The ELM327 BT adapters for 550?

Engine Link - OBD II vehicle monitoring and diagnosis Apple App about $7 on Itunes

Cheers

Hi All,

Anyone know if this works with The ELM327 BT adapters for 550?

Engine Link - OBD II vehicle monitoring and diagnosis Apple App about $7 on Itunes

Cheers

All Car after 1996 had the OBD 2 so he is should work. It really depends on the app you use. I just bought one for 2012 YD25 when it gets her I'll let you guys know. I have a windows phone useing OBD Auto doctor and ELM327 BT. ELM327 BT cost $20 & OBD Auto doctor fee. with the oppison to upgrade for $10. So $20 to keep an eye on my engine. Cheap and should save my engine.

Back