is there anything i need to change with a 2" body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1427877785805.jpg

Im preaty sure you dont cause your lifting the body off the chasie maybe be once you do it have a look at the brake lines and all that when i did my im my d40 i didnt have to change anything

Don't forget the bonnet scoop is now 50mm higher than the intercooler, you will need spacers under the cooler mounts to lift it and seal correctly.

how does things like the radiator in relation and shroud go in relation to the fan? and the gear shifter to the floor? in my 80 series when it had a 2 inch body lift, the previous owner also put a lift underneath all the engine and gearbox mounts, to keep the engine relatively in its original position in relation to the body... unfortunately I had to rip it all out because the total of 6" above standard from having the 2 inch cab lift, 2" suspension lift and 35" tyres, is apparently non compliant without an engineering certificate LOL

I wouldnt have thought you'd need extended fuel lines because nothing has changed below the body or chassis.

But - the steering shaft likely needs extending
Happy John was also onto the right idea with the intercooler now being 50mm away from the scoop.......

Other things to consider.....
Unsure of what you do with your Nav' but if its a daily driver and not just a bush toy, you should definitely consider where you stand with street legality and insurance coverage.
Every state except the N.T (lucky bastards!) only permit you to raise the total height of your vehicle by 50mm if fitted with srs airbags, without sign off from an engineer. That 50mm is from factory roof height and includes tyres, suspension and body lift together.
By adding your 2" body lift you have maxed out there mate.....

Also there can be problems with cracking the floor of the cab if you hit rough tracks frequently or haven't installed them correctly/used the correct body blocks.

They're a much cheaper option that suspension lifts, but there are sacrifices made by installing them. If you're running stock suspension then I'd recommend getting a 2" lift kit and beefier torsion bars installed as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back