issues after over heating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter91

Reaction score
Hi all, my egr cooler had it 2 weeks ago radiator lost all water, navara lost all power and over heated in the red, it went from normal temp straight up as soon as I seen the needle move up and felt power drop I stopped and found the leak got towed home haven't started it since until today with new egr cooler. I noticed a whistling noise while I accelerated and went and seen my brother in law he noticed excessive pressure in radiator and thinks the heads warped or gasket has had. Has anyone had this issue before and what are the common issues after overheating. Egr cooler going has been fairly common as nissan I spoke to have replaced 5 this year so far.

In my experience with alloy headed new engines...you can get them warm once or twice...but cook them once and its all over...particularly if they slow down.could well mean it was starting to sieze up..i would get it checked out and or the head pulled off and checked out

It runs fine now apart from the excess pressure in radiator, just wanting to know if it is most likely warped or just the gasket just so I know how much $$$ I'm up for this time roughly I'm hoping just the gasket as I don't have a few grand for a new head. I will be getting it looked at either way just want to know most common issue after overheating

There's not really a most common issue, that's the problem... some engines will just blow the gasket and the head will be fine, some will warp the head without damaging the gasket...

Until you rip ir apart you won't really know, but the head being alloy and the block cast iron there's a very high chance the head is warped...

There's not really a most common issue, that's the problem... some engines will just blow the gasket and the head will be fine, some will warp the head without damaging the gasket...

Until you rip ir apart you won't really know, but the head being alloy and the block cast iron there's a very high chance the head is warped...

Thats what im thinking

That sucks, really hope thats not the case but with my luck this year will proabaly have to fork out more $$ after hitting a roo in jan in the middle of no where (new radiator) and then the egr cooler, still gotta fix roo damage and now this issue. Gonna cost more to fix than I am paying for the car

Nah egr cooler corroded inside, roo busted radiator and radiator front support bar and some external damage

Bastards those roos!! Are you keeping the car for a while?..if so make sure you do a oil change after you fix it..if she started to nip up you may have some junk in the oil and filter.a head removal is a big job but its not like you need to pull the motor.someone here mighy be able to reccomend a good priced mechanic in your area or find a mate/apprentice to pull it for you..just drop it off at a engine shop and see what they say...

Last edited:
Small amount of water went into oil through the turbo dumped oil and no leaks now just pressure issue, no cancelled insurance as I couldnt afford i when I lost my job in wa and now ive tried to insure it twice and been rejected because of the existing damage

Excellent...cut the filter open if you can too.excess pressure in the rad isnt good..do they still sell those strips you dunk in the coolant to test for exhaust gas?

Im not sure will get someone to check in mt isa as they wouldnt have them here. Need to get new filter before I go damaging the one ive got.

Latest posts

Back