its Friday

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
Well its that time of the week again kids, dunno bout you guys but i cant wait to get the f@ck out of work and home for a beer. Tomorrow i might go find some new tracks around Newcastle to play on and then sunday im going to go to Ourimbah and try not to fall off my downhill bike. Tough one that one, but you never know. Dont know why im telling all of you this, im just excited. I might do all of the above, i might do nothing. Either way it shits on sitting here in the office. :cheers!:

Good luck with the downhill event. We were going to head into the forest for a quiet night away but work has intervened, so I'm off to See Dunny. Bah. Could have been avoided if the dickwad had shipped the damn pc down there and let me finalise it remotely but NOOO, I have to drive for 5 hours so I can work there for 15 minutes. And I friggin' hate Sydney.

You watch me hand them a bill for a lot, lot more.

Thats no good Lladnar, wanna talk about it? lol. Well i managed to find some good little tracks on saturday morning, im guessing everyone around newcastle probably calls them the power line tracks... got to test out low range good and proper, cant believe how well the engine brakes in low 1 going down a hill. I watched a suzuki jimny pull a big tough patrol out of a massive hole, despite me telling them that the jimny would have just fit in the hole, and that mght have been easier. Some of the lines go from easy to pretty bloody hard, nothing ill be doing in my Nav, unless i end up with 35s one day. Might be worth a little look for anyone living in/around newy.

Oh and i managed to not fall off my bike yesterday, despite my hardest attempts. Had fun watching the cross-country guys stack down a rock garden though. all in all a good day and weekend!

Thats no good Lladnar, wanna talk about it? lol. Well i managed to find some good little tracks on saturday morning, im guessing everyone around newcastle probably calls them the power line tracks... got to test out low range good and proper, cant believe how well the engine brakes in low 1 going down a hill. I watched a suzuki jimny pull a big tough patrol out of a massive hole, despite me telling them that the jimny would have just fit in the hole, and that mght have been easier. Some of the lines go from easy to pretty bloody hard, nothing ill be doing in my Nav, unless i end up with 35s one day. Might be worth a little look for anyone living in/around newy.

Oh and i managed to not fall off my bike yesterday, despite my hardest attempts. Had fun watching the cross-country guys stack down a rock garden though. all in all a good day and weekend!

there are some pretty extreme tracks out the back of westy/killingworth
is that were you were?
heaps of fun i regularly head out there
another good challenge is paintball hill in the wet
its near freemans waterhole

I've hit some of them tracks out back of Killy some of them are pretty extreme but they are good fun tracks. I've nearly wiped out my rear step at one track, wouldn't mind heading out there again if anyone is keen..

Hey Sparra, nah its not That far out, ill say its betweet edgeworth and the Newcastle link road. Mainly fire trails, but there is some stuff out there that requires a fairly well set up rig. The good part about it is you can make it as easy or hard as you want. Would be nice and slippery after some rain too i would think. I might head out there again this weekend if anyone wants to check it out. Beats sitting at home, and its so close too

morticus said:
Hey Sparra, nah its not That far out, ill say its betweet edgeworth and the Newcastle link road. Mainly fire trails, but there is some stuff out there that requires a fairly well set up rig. The good part about it is you can make it as easy or hard as you want. Would be nice and slippery after some rain too i would think. I might head out there again this weekend if anyone wants to check it out. Beats sitting at home, and its so close too

I'm keen morticus, if ya don't mind me tagging along lol

yeah i know those tracks
have a look out the back of killingsworth/west wallsend
turn into the scrub opposite the electricity substation near sugar valley golf club
you can go all the way down to morriset/freemans area or up to sugarloaf and beyond
the tracks are from mild to extreme
we will have to organise a day trip but ime working the next 3 weekends

morticus said:

Yeah I be keen morticus.. Been wanting to head out for a while

Yeah ill get out that way in the next few weeks. I only have this weekend off then off to brissy next one and working the following one. No worries cyc10n, sorry forgot your name, mines Beau. Ill put something up a little later in the week, ill be heading out the for sure. I only did one sort of loop, but it was fun enough. Especially the sneaky bit where you turn off the highway up an embankment and into the tracks.

morticus said:
Yeah ill get out that way in the next few weeks. I only have this weekend off then off to brissy next one and working the following one. No worries cyc10n, sorry forgot your name, mines Beau. Ill put something up a little later in the week, ill be heading out the for sure. I only did one sort of loop, but it was fun enough. Especially the sneaky bit where you turn off the highway up an embankment and into the tracks.

That's cool beau, names Dave. Yeah that's cool I'm free this weekend, next weekend I'll be installing my intercooler and weekend after hopefully my exhaust.. I used to do them tracks when I was a kid in my pushy haha and I've rode them on my quad but never in a 4b

Latest posts

Back